cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching toe sim on apple XS

rtemmerm
I'm a participant level 2

I recently purchased a used Iphone XS, inserted my old SIM card, and it works beautifully.

I want to switch from SIM to eSIM.

The steps involved always include scanning the QR code that allegedly came with my SIM card.  If it ever existed, I don't have it now.

How do I get a QR code for my SIM card?

Or is there some other step I need to take instead, such as resetting the phone and starting Setup from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Rtemmerm,

Welcome to the community!

Since you already have an existing line, I believe you would need to purchase a new eSIM:

eSIM.jpg

~taken from here.

As outlined, you can purchase your eSIM in store or by contacting customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

rtemmerm

Thanks Cawtau.  I followed your advice, went to the nearest Fido shop in St Vital Mall, Winnipeg.  Not only did the fellow sell me a new eSim, he offered to make the switch right on the spot.  5 minutes or so later, I was out of there, with my wife's iPhone XS now working beautifully on the eSim, the SIM slot now available for use.  Excellent.  Thanks again.