Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plans

aircushion
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

I'm currently on the $60 plan, and I want to switch to the $45 plan. My device balance is at $0.00. 

Are there any costs associated with switching from the $60 plan to $45 plan? I read about the downgrade fee in some other threads. Will it apply to me?

Thanks! Smiley

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @aircushion,

Since your device balance is $0 it means you are not in a contract and you can switch your plan without incurring any fees. 

You do have to be careful though as sometimes certain plans are only available to new subscribers only.

aircushion

Does switching to a new plan put me into a new contract, or will I still be free to make changes anytime?

Will there be any indications to which plans are for new subscribers only when I'm making the changes online?

Thanks Smiley

Hello Aircushion,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that Fido has switched from their old subsidised plans to a new financed Payment Program. Entering a contract would be required in order to get a new device (unless purchased outright). Since the new plans do not contain any subsidy towards devices, they are akin to the old BYOP plans. Switching plans would not require you to enter a new contract. Your services would be on a month-to-month basis. However, if you chose to finance a new phone, you would be required to enter a new contract.

If you're changing plans online, the options presented should be available to you. Some of the advertised plans may not be applicable, however, the system would not likely offer those plans to you when changing online.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers