cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious Activity/Unable to Receive SMS/Calls

J91
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello Fido Community, I am reaching out to see if anyone's gone through the same issue. It's a bit of a long one so here it goes:

About a month ago I received a text from Fido informing me that there is a request for my number to be ported and if I did not authorize for this, I'll have to call Fido. I called Fido and the rep put a restriction/stop on this port. The next steps were to create a new PIN which I was unable to do as certain transaction were no longer able to be completed-- I'm adding this little detail in as this was the first time I noticed my account services were minimal over the phone.

Fast forward a few weeks, my friends and family told me they cannot reach me by SMS/phone calls. Only certain individuals could reach me and these individuals happen to be Fido customers. I contacted Fido customer solutions over FB chat to see why I wasn't receiving all SMS/calls. They helped me with network restart on my end as well as theirs. I informed them there was some sort of restriction on my account because of the above incident and they said it should not affect my services. I was instructed to call Tech Support next. 

I called Tech Support and they could not look into my account as there was some suspicious activity. I was provided with the number plus an extension to reach a specific person and a back up number in the case I cannot reach the first team. I was only able to leave a voice message a call back number. I explained in the message that I cannot receive calls and if possible, to email me and set up a time when I can call back. The message said they'll get back to you before the end of business day.  It's been nearly a week of calling and I'm getting a little lost on what to do. 

I can keep trying but leaving my number is useless as I cannot receive calls at this time. I understand fraud-related items needs to be addressed over the phone but that doesn't work for me and I don't have a land line. I've seen other community posts saying it took a while before the fraud team returned their call... I've gone weeks with limited phone/sms services, I can wait a week. The only thing is, again, I can't receive calls so I don't know if I'm missing their attempt(s) to reach me.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Is there another way to reach the fraud team?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @ J91! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

There's no reason your services should not be working, based on what you're written above. As a result, we'd have to take a closer look at your account to see what's up. You can contact us here for that or we can send you a PM from the community, if you prefer.

Let us know.

J91

Hi Phillippe, 

Thanks for your response!

I've tried calling fido solutions on this topic but I keep getting disconnected after some time of waiting. A PM would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

We'll send you a PM shortly @J91. Talk soon! 😊