cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension of my account

atira_naik
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I am abroad and would like to suspend my account, having gotten charged already for a whole month in which I did not use my phone for any activity. How would I be able to do so? 

Also, considering the COVID situation, I am unsure of when I will need to reinstate it. What is the procedure for reinstating it, or do I need to give a fixed time period beforehand?

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @atira_naik,

Welcome to the community!

You will need to contact customer service to have the line temporarily suspended.

A few things to note:

1. You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
  2. The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
  3. You can temporarily suspend the account for a minimum of 2 months up to a maximum of 12 months within a 12 months period.
  4. You will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.
  5. If you are on the Fido Payment Program you will continue to pay your monthly funding amount during the suspension.

The suspension will be automatically be removed after the set amount of time you had it suspended for. If you would like to have the suspension removed earlier then you will need to contact customer service to have it removed.

Fido has many different ways to contact them even from outside of the country, you can find all the different ways here