cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Suspend

1a1
I'm a participant level 1

hi, I want to suspend my current account plan for four months since I need to travel. So could you please tell me how to do it online? Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

atira_naik
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello, I clicked on the contact us link and it led me back to the community ask page. Could you please redirect me to a more useful link/ instruct me on how to suspend my account?

Hey @atira_naik,

If you visit our contact us page here and scroll down a little you will see a few options under the "Get in touch" section. We can be reached via Live Chat, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, or by calling us directly. 

I hope that helps! šŸ˜ƒ

Morash

I am trying to contact someone and only have my suspended phone. I paid 250 on my account 2 days ago. What do I do to make a plan and have my service restored? 

Hello Morash,

Welcome to the community!

Are you referring to a requested temporary suspension or a suspension due to non-payment or other circumstance? The OP was referring to obtaining a temporary suspension; however, it sounds like you're refering to the latter. Is that correct?

If that is correct, did you make a payment arrangement or did you add money to your account? You might need to contact the Credit Operations department to verify the status of your account (see here).

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

Yuda
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Im trying to figure this out too. It doesnt look like we can do it online. Try to find an opened Fido shop and let the staff request it.

Hey @1a1, & @Yuda,

That's a great question! You have the option to temporarily suspend your line. Keep in mind, any line that is not under agreement, can be suspended for a period of 2 to 12 months, for $7/month. The suspension can only start as of the end of a billing cycle and the suspension fees have to be paid in advance if the account is not set for preauthorized payments.

The suspension can end at any time if you need to end it early.

If you don't have an agreement and have been active with Fido for a minimum of 1 month, you're definitely eligible for a temporary suspension.

Unfortunately, you cannot complete this online, however, if you wish to add the temporary suspension you can contact us here and we'll be happy to help you. šŸ˜Š