cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend My Service

Abeer1
I'm a participant level 2

How can I suspend my service from overseas and how much will it cost?

9 REPLIES 9

mobraine
I'm a participant level 1

Hi!

I want to suspend my plan but I'm under a contract, can you PM me plz?

Hello @mobraine,

Welcome to the community!

As mentioned above the suspension is only for account that does not have an agreement. 

Since you are currently on contract you will not qualify for the temporary suspension.

AlexJr

I am currently travelling back home to the north, where there isn’t any service, can I suspend my line until I get back to a place with service?

Hey @AlexJr,

If you don't have an agreement as mentioned in the solution above, it is possible to suspend your line for $7/mo. To make the change, we would need to access your account. For this and any other account specific questions, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM on the Community.

Let us know what's best for you.

FidoAnthony

Hey @Abeer1

Welcome to the community! ðŸ™ŒðŸ™‚  

If you don't have an agreement and have been active with Fido for a minimum of 1 month, you're definitely eligible for a temporary suspension.

There are a few points I'd like to share with you.

We'll charge $7 for each month. Unless you're set up on pre-authorized payments, this would need to be paid before we can add the suspension to your account.

Also, you won't be able to use your phone to:
Place or receive calls including to our 611 & toll-free numbers
Send or receive text messages
Receive voicemail messages
Use data
Emergency calls will still work, but T9-1-1 will be disabled as it uses text messages.

The temporary suspension can only be added for the next billing cycle. Also, you have to call back if you need the service to be restored before the end date of the suspension.

With that said, I just sent you a private message. See you there. 

CB56

I'm headed overseas next week for a 3 month period.  i'd like to suspend my phone use for that period.  

Hello CB56,

You should note that this is the community forum and no longer intended as a venue for customer services so we would not have access to customers' accounts. You should also note that the forums are public and providing personal information is generally not recommended.

That said, you should be able to add a temporary suspension via your My Account --> View Usage & Manage. From your Dashboard, the option to Manage temporary suspension can be found near the bottom of page under Quick Actions.

It should be noted that the monthly fee for the temporary suspension may have increased since that post. It should also be mentioned that the temporary suspension only applies to services. If you are currently financing a device, those payments would continue as per normal.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Boba

As I am stranded in Delhi due to CORID-19, I would like to suspend my internet service till further notice. I would like You to acknowledge through my email ***@***

Regards,

maharaj khazanchi

Hello @Boba,

This is a public forum you should not post your personal information.

In order to suspend your service, you will need to reach out to customer service as they are the only ones that can do it.

Fido has many ways to contact customer service even from outside of the country, please see here for all the different ways to contact them.