cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still paying for phone long after paid off.

Dan29
I'm a participant level 3

I am still paying full rates years after phone was paid off.  New rates are much lower and Fido never informed me of anything.  Very unethical/dishonest I have over paid hundreds of dollars.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Dan29,

Welcome to our Community!

We're really sad to learn you're looking into switching, we certainly don't want to lose you!

The information provided above is correct though. Since we previously used a subsidized structure and the tab for the phone wasn't added on top of the monthly fee, the plan remained the same once the agreement was over. It was however possible to change to a BYOP plan at the end of the agreement if there was no interest in renewing for another 2 years with a device, but the change had to be initiated by the customer as it's not possible for us to change a service without the customer's consent. 

The dates of the agreement and details of the plan on the account also available on fido.ca and My Account to keep you in the loop about the status of your account.

With that being said, I'll send you a PM here on the Community to check out your account.

Talk soon!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Dan29,

Welcome to the community!

@Dan29 wrote:

I am still paying full rates years after phone was paid off.  

You are still paying the full plan rate because Fido plan used to be a subsidised structure, not a tab structure. Fido has since changed to a device finance structure. See here for an explanation for the difference between subsidised and tab. You can also get more info regarding the Fido Payment Program here.

New rates are much lower and Fido never informed me of anything.  Very unethical/dishonest I have over paid hundreds of dollars.

It's unfortunate that you believe Fido should inform you that plan rates are lower, Fido will only notify customers of changes that are directly related to us. Offers and promotions change from time to time it is our responsibility to check and if there is an offer that are better suited for us, we can always switch to the new offer.

Fido also offers email updates regarding news, promotions and Fido Xtra, that's something you can signup for here.

Dan29

As well, I have since read several of your answers to customers and you are very condesenting and really not a very good spokesperson for Fido.

Dan29

.... and yes I realize I spelled condescending wrong!

Hello @Dan29,

I'm not a spokesperson for Fido nor do I work for them my intentions are never to be condescending.

I do not judge anyone, my comments or responses are not to make me look superior but to enlighten people about the facts or present reality.

I wish you all the best.

Dan29

What a load of **bleep**! Bell notified us when cheaper rate were available for my wifes phone who was in the same situation.  We are currently looking into switching everything to Bell. I am not the type to normally complain I just silently move on.