cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for the overuse of long distance calls

Sandhu11
I'm a participant level 2

Hlo guys, I have 1000 long distance calls in my plan but in the last month April I used 350 minutes more than my limit. And for those extra minutes, I got $659.36 bill in this month . Actually, My Fido App was not working properly so, I was unable to keep record of the the usage of the minutes as well as data . I uninstall my App many times and also reset my password but the problem same .I also have the screenshot that my App was not worked.As am a student, I used my data to attend my classes , do exams, make assignments and my data was limited so, I didn't use much to make phone calls. Actually, my mom was not well and I had to talk with her everyday to feel them relax .In this situation, I used more minutes and I got a large amount of bill but it happened only due to technical problem with my App. Due to Covid 19 ,I was very stressful to take my mom and this happened with me.I am using this Fido service from last 1 and half year but nothing like this happened in the past. Am a student so, it's very difficult for me to pay the highest amount its 10 times double for me .
I have called to customer service for help me many times but they said,they cannot waive or reduce the charges. They said they can make payment arrangements for me but it's not the solution of my problem because I already have $60 plan /month and multiple arrangements with my bill plan will trouble me financially every month.

As am a student and due to Covid 19 work is slow So,$659.36 Seriously a lot for me to pay in this situation. distance minutes usage…

I get a notification when I was about to hit my data limit and for long-distance calling I didn’t receive any warning so I was not aware of my minutes usage. I never went over my limit in the past years this is the first time.

Is there any way I request to fido to reduce my bill?I am so helpless now and stressful.please any help valuable because I have 19 days more to pay this amount.
Please let me know what should I can do?

5 REPLIES 5

Akash7

Hi, I got the same issue. I have 1000 international minutes, but I called on the UAE number to cancel my flight because I tested positive and I have to quarantine myself. I thought those minutes are going to count in the international call, but they count in long-distance calls and they charged me almost $230 extra. they did not inform me when I was making those calls so I called them to reduce. they said we can not help you with this. They did not inform me when I was making those calls by text that these minutes are chargeable on a long-distance call based. I am frustrated with their service.

Hello Akash7,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Sandhu11

Yeah,sure I want another option for this problem.  I know according to the usage its valid charges but according to the situation that I explained my app was not working, it's huge amount of bill for me. I requested to the customer service department to modify the dollar rate per minute that I used extra by adding $5 in my plan  but they are not understanding my problem and they have only one option payment arrangements but try to understand, payment arrangements also I have to pay every month with my plan it will increase my problem too much .its not the right option for me .please consider my case and help me to reduce my bill.

Thanku

We sent you a PM. Talk to you there!

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Sandhu11! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I totally understand your situation. Nobody likes to receive an unexpectedly large bill, especially when you can't pay for it easily. However, if you did use those minutes past the 1000 allowed, all the charges would be legitimate.

That said, we'll be happy to take another look at your options, if you wish. Just request a PM from the community if you do want us to do that.