cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STIR/SHAKEN

Kenjuta
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Is this still not implemented on your end?

I'm getting clearly spoof callerID numbers and robo calls from Ottawa area code pretending to be the Chinese consulate or from numbers starting with the same few digits of my phone numbers.

STIR/SHAKEN impementation is supposed to show an indication on the phone for incoming call to tell you that the caller ID is spoofed

5 REPLIES 5

wangh47
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I still get a lot of spam calls despite your STIR/SHAKEN implementation. Is the system updated regularly? Any KPI to assess how good your STIR/SHAKEN implementation is?

Hello Wangh47,

I think everyone is a little fed-up with SPAM and SCAM calls these days. I understand people expected STIR/SHAKEN to have brought those types of calls to an end. Unfortunately, it was never meant to block calls from spoofed number, it only identified them as Possible or Likely SPAM.

In addition, there are other limitations to STIR/SHAKEN. For example, the calls need to be end-to-end internet-based (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Kenjuta! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I can totally understand your frustration with receiving these spoof calls. It's safe to say that we're all fed-up with them at this point!

That said, we're always looking for ways to help reduce these calls, including looking at whether the STIR/SHAKEN will be effective for our clients. In the meantime, you can find information on how to protect yourself here.

Have a great day!

Kenjuta
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

STIR/SHAKEN is required by CRTC by all telcom as of Nov. 30. How are you guys still looking into it when it's required to be implemented already?

If this is true then a complaint to CCTS needs to be taken

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That is correct and it's already been implemented. You can also visit the CRTC website to confirm what's being implemented by each service provider.

Here's our FAQ page for more info.

Hope this helps Smiley