Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming message

Sidhu010
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, 

I am outside of Canada. And when I turned off the flight mode, I got a message telling me about the roaming charges. It showed that I will be charged C$ 12 per day. But I do not want to make or receive any calls during my stay outside of Canada. Will be still be charged with the amount said above?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sidhu010,

Welcome to the community!

Receiving the roaming notification does not necessarily mean that you've incurred the Fido Roam charge. It is usage of your services (ie making/receiving calls, sending text messages, or using data) which will trigger the daily charge. You should note that your phone may use data without your intention of using it. If you do not wish to use any of your services, you might consider keeping your phone's Airplane or Flight mode enabled for the duration of your trip. That setting should prevent your phone from connecting to foreign networks. You can manually enable Wifi or GPS when required. Alternatively, you could also remove the SIM to ensure your phone is unable to connect to foreign networks for roaming.

What phone do you have? Is it capable Wifi-calling? If it is, you should note that certain usage would also be considered roaming (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers