cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to cancel my account

cassadie470
I'm a participant level 1

I have left the country. I can not contact Fido by phone but would like to cancel my account immediately.

6 REPLIES 6

culm

Trying to cancel my account and have run into numerous problems, as I was under 19 when I signed up I gave the store a random birthday as I needed a phone for a few months. However I can not seem to cancel without the Birthdate, I have been trying random birthdates for months and the contract keeps piling up money. They can not help me in store and will cut me off online if I get the date wrong. Is there any way to cancel the contract without this or does the contract expire if I don't pay for a certain length of time. Forgot to mention that I have also lost the SIM card which is what led me to want to cancel it in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated as frankly I have exhausted my options.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @culm!

When opening an account, it's important to provide accurate information so that your records with the credit bureaus are accurate and so things like this don't happen.

That said, in the future, the store should be able to ID you and correct the date of birth if you show a piece of photo ID. On our end, we'll take care of everything right here. I'm sending you a PM so we can help out!

Inhan

Hi i would like to cancel and deactivate my account. I left Canada in August.

But still my bill was charged. So I paid them all in December and i sent a mail to Fido to deactivate my account. But still it demands me payment. Please cancel my account.

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Inhan! 

Sorry to learn you want to cancel your services Sad 

At this time we do not offer service via mail or email. You would need to speak to a person to cancel your account. You can find all the ways to reach out to us right here.

I will send you a PM here so we can take a look at your account together. Chat soon! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @cassadie470,

Welcome to the community!

You can contact Fido from any of the available methods listed here. They even have a number you can call them collect from anywhere in the world.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @cassadie470,

Welcome to our Community!

Thanks for choosing our services during your stay in Canada Smiley

I'll send you a PM on here to help with the account.

Talk soon!