cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated issue on Fido (and Rogers) sites when making a payment

maloraf
I'm a participant level 2

When I try to pay my fido bill online using a credit card, in the field where I have to input my card number, I see a HTTP 401 error. I see this repeatedly in a session, log out and log in again, and it still shows. Eventually after several tries the field issue clears up and I am able to make a payment. This has happened a few times in the last few months. Is anyone else seeing this error. I have noticed the same behaviour on the Rogers site which has a similar user interface

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @maloraf!

That is definitely odd and should not be happening. 

Besides logging out and back in, what other tests have you tried?

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookie or using a different browser?

Let us know! 

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @maloraf 

Welcome to the community!

Fido site is working! 

The http error is your browser settings or it could be alot of things just not related to the site Fido!  it's either your browser version settings,an add-on, your updates, your firewall, your network, an old link used instead of typing HTTPS://www.fido.ca , your vpn, your security updates, a malware etc.

Best way to pay your bill download the app My account Fido and pay your bill there you will receive a confirmation within a few minutes that they received your payment.

Happy Friday! 🙂

maloraf

Happy Friday to you too. I'm not looking to download yet another app to pay one bill and it should not be all those various possibilities you mentioned such as network setting or firewall. I was also not connecting via vpn at that time. I'll find a workaround that suits me better.

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Thank you @maloraf  

There are. lot of old links and adds redirect online so to be sure here's the secured link https to pay your Fido bill online directly on the Fido website here 

Cheers!

maloraf

HI Amanda, I clear my cache and cookies fairly regularly, I use Chrome regularly as my default browser

What happens when you try using a different browser, other than Chrome?