Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding international call charges

Guneet1
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I am new to fido. Its been over a month I am using fido. The day when I bought the plan along with the phone XS, I was told by a customer service representative over the phone that fido will give me 1000 mins international free per month on top of other benefits. But unfortunately the representative did not add it to my account (But i was told on call). I was in the notion that i already have 1000 mins free and make calls back to my home country last month. I agree that I did not read the agreements properly which did not state this benefit of 1000 mins free fro internationa calls. I TRUSTED THE WORDS OF THE REPRESENTATIVE.

Now I am being charged with $633 in the current billing cycle and as per the company these are valid charges which I agree, but at the same time I want the company to authenticate my statement as well. 

Can somebody tell me the wayout how should I go about resepving this issue. Is there any way where i can reach to higher authorities about this?   

7 REPLIES 7

EG8

It appears this is a usual occurence. I also fell for the free 1000 LD minutes sales line. Now I am in the web of very high billing. It appears customer service is trained to play along like they do not understand what you are saying. I have spent over two hours being tossed between customer service and credit.

Hello EG8,

I replied to your other post here. Again, I cannot speak as to what was previously discussed. I understand you might not have been fully aware of the limitations with those 1000 International minutes. Unfortunately, however, if the calls you made are on the system, there may not be anything which can be done. Fido does offer a Premium International Rate add-on (see here) which might have made your bill cheaper. However, that add-on cannot be applied retroactively. It would only apply on future calls.

As mentioned in my other post, this forum is community-driven and no longer intended as a venue for customer services. While there may be some moderators still willing to provide assistance via PM, if you would like to further discuss your situation, you would likely need to re-contact customer service.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @EG8! We're sorry to read this: high bills are never a pleasant surprise. If you still need help with your account, please contact us so we can review the situation with you.

FidoVanessa

Hey @Guneet1! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sorry to learn about your recent experience. We know higher bills are never a pleasant surprise. Since you already reached out to customer service, I can offer to send you a PM from here. We really hope we can turn this around for you and review the situation together.

Let us know! 

Guneet1

Thank you for your reply. @FidoVanessa 

yes sure. I would like to talk to you ! 

Thanks

Guneet

Hey @Guneet1

I'll send a PM your way!

twyf12
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Fido has terrible support. You are going to be frustrated for a long time with them. I'm sorry about what you are going through.