cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for overpayment

opao20
I'm a participant level 2

Hi! Does fido automatically send a refund cheque for overpayment or do i need to send a request for that? I have a negative balance on my final bill, so i would like to ask for a refund. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Billingharwinde
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My account is close my extra bill not back

Hello Billingharwinde,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you have not yet received your refund. As previously mentioned, Fido will mail the refund to the address they have on file. If you have changed your address, customer service to update that information. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Opao20,

Welcome to the community!

Are you still currently a Fido customer? That is, had you cancelled your services with Fido? From what I understand, you had made an overpayment on your account, but you are still a Fido customer.

If you had cancelled your Fido services and had the negative balance on your bill, Fido will mail the refund to the address on file, as mentioned above.

On the other hand, if you are still a Fido customer with the negative balance on your bill, that amount would usually stay on your account and be used towards future payments. You would need to contact customer service if you wished to have that amount refunded. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

opao20

@Cawtau Hi! I'm still a fido customer. I switched from postpaid to prepaid. Thank you!

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @opao20,

Welcome to the Fido community!

Fido will send you a refund by cheque to the address on file, it usually takes about 3 weeks but can take as long as 6 weeks from the date your final invoice was produced.

If your address on file has changed then you will need to contact Fido and they can send the cheque to the new address.

opao20

@NaliniR Thank you!