cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend. 4 months waiting

meli1432
I'm a participant level 3

It's been 4 months and still waiting to get my refer a friend credit. I have reached out to the useless Fido team for this department. In April I reached out they stop responding after they claimed they rectified it. I emailed them nothing. I did a new request and they I sent them everything on names, account number, and phones numbers and old case number and it's been since June 8th and they claimed they were investigateing.  We are July 1st now and still nothing. How many months and lies does it take to see my friend got a new phone and line with you guys and I referred them. 

6 REPLIES 6

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @meli1432!

Did the person you refer update their phone number after signing up with us? If they ported in a number, this must be updated on the refer a friend portal or the credit will not be applied by the system.

If that was done, we'll have to take a look at what happened. Please contact us again. 

Thanks! 

meli1432

The number ported in is the same number they have. Nothing changed. All info (account number, name, number and date of activation) and Fido still after all these months can't figure it out. I reached out twice 2 different case. They after almost now a month again have not gotten back to me even though I email them. Horrible service. 

Hey @meli1432!

We'll be sending you a PM shortly so we can look into it. 

meli1432

I got another garbage response I got a month ago about they are looking into it. From March you guys are looking into it. I don't see why it's so hard to confirm the account opened and my number and give me my credit. It's not that difficult. You guys just don't want to give me my credit. Fido just lies to keep customers and get people to get friends to come. Now I know never to get anyone to join and I will be looking into taking my 2 lines left somewhere else. You guys are too much. Since March too many issues and takes me hounding you guys to do your job. Horrible customer service!

ChelseaC
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have the exact same issue with you! I've been calling fido custom service and I even went into the actual fido store. The waiting has been over 3mo+ I still not getting any credits from refering friend, all their responses are asking me if my referred friends following the instructions, it get me angry and I really want to ask them Have your fido refer-a-friend team really do their job and know what they are doing???  It seems like they offered the deal but its overwhelming to them and they can't handle them anymore. I'm deeply disappointed to their customer service as well the troubleshooting skills. The biggest mistake I made is to refer my friends using Fido.

Hey @ChelseaC, welcome to the community! Alex here and I'll be happy to help. 

Make sure to check the status of your referral, you'll be able to see if the referral is confirmed or not. Keep in mind, the credit is applied on the second or third bill after the referral has been confirmed so you will not see it right away. 

Feel free to get in touch with our customer service here if you need any more help!