BANGO THE CHRONIC THIRD PARTY CHARGE FRAUDSTER

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

BANGO THE CHRONIC THIRD PARTY CHARGE FRAUDSTER

Fido just billed me $98.74 for third party charge from Roblox which I never authorized.  It was a series of small charges and some larger ones through the month of May 2020.  I checked the forum and found that many of Fido's customers were scammed by Roblox the same way.  Fido has already received complaints about this for many years and they are not doing anything about it.  Fido is an accomplice.  All they say is "contact Roblox".  Has anyone contacted Roblox and got any satisfaction?  Can Fido stop any such "third party" charges?  Is there anyone in the police department we can report this crime to?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: BANGO THE CHRONIC THIRD PARTY CHARGE FRAUDSTER

Hey @georgianaku

Welcome to our community!

We know that having a higher invoice is an unpleasant surprise and I definitely understand where you're coming from. 

We can certainly block those for you for the future, however those purchases were made from the device itself, they had to be authorized first by the user of the device otherwise no charges would've been possible. Since the charges are from a third party, they can only be contested with the third party in question, the best way to go about this is really to get in touch with Bango at the email address found on your invoice. 

If you'd like us to block such transactions for the future, please contact us or we can send you a PM on the community, let us know what you prefer. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2