cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend incident

YFuji
I'm a contributor level 1

December 27, 2022, my friend referred me and I signed up for a new mobile plan with Fido.

After that , I gave my referral code to another friend of mine to become a Fido customer. I took the steps the Fido agent advised me and signed up to be eligible to receive the Fido Refer a Friend credits.

My two friends received the credit but I didn’t receive any of them. 

I contacted Fido but the agents told me that I would receive the credit. When I received the 4th bill, I again contacted Fido and the agent told me to email the friend referral department. 

Someone who didn't provide a name replied to me and refused my request and said that I am not eligible.

I filed my complaint to CCTS, commission for complaints for telecom-television service, on May 9th and I was able to speak with one of the presidents, Tamisha, this morning.

Tamisha said that I was not eligible to receive the credits. I told her that I gave my friend’s information to the Fido agents and registered the program. 

Tamisha then shifted blame to me and said that she didn’t understand what my request was. 

I told Tamisha that it didn’t make sense because she contacted me and said that she read the complaint report with all the details through CCTS in the first place and contacted me, and just refused to pay me the referral credits.

Tamisha was ranting and raving so I asked her if I could talk to her supervisor or someone else but she refused so I had to end the call.

Please provide the contact information of the person who can discuss this matter calmly.

Please contact me as soon as possible.

19 REPLIES 19

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @YFuji,

Welcome to the community!

If I'm understanding correctly after joining Fido you referred your friends and did not get the credit? How long after you joined Fido did you do the referral? One of the criteria to be eligible is you must be a current Fido customer on an eligible post-paid plan with an account in good standing for 30 days, you can get the full details about the program here.

If you made your referral when you became a customer and it was not past 30 days then you will not be eligible to receive the credit, since you spoke to someone from the office of the president and that person said you are not eligible then, unfortunately, there is no one else to speak to as the office of the president is the last resort.

The CCTS will only step in and try to help if the complaint is about your actual service they will and can not do anything as to how Fido or any participating organization handles general operating practices.

YFuji

I am surprised that someone who cannot even understand simple sentences was hired by Fido. 

I paid my bills on time and just received my 5th bill today. 
Let's see how CCTS and BBB resolve Fido's refer-a-friend scam.

Hey there @YFuji,

They did receive your complaint and we shared with them what happened exactly on the last call you had with Timeshia. As we're waiting for further instructions from them, you are free to reach Timeshia again at the provided contact information if anything.

Thank you.

YFuji

Before you make a comment, you must read the previous comments carefully. 
I am waiting for Timeshia's supervisor or someone else because she was rude, aggressive and never listened to me.

I don’t know what was happen to her but She suddenly claimed that she didn't understand what I said even after we communicated each other for a while.

She is not a right person to deal with the customers.

By the way, I just quit Fido however you still owe me two months of the credits. Please refund me as soon as possible.

Hello YFuji,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your issues with the program. However, from what you note, it sounds as though you were not eligible for the program. Unfortunately, I do not know the details of what has transpired.

@YFuji wrote:

... I just quit Fido however you still owe me two months of the credits. ...

Refer a friend.jpg

~taken from here.

**edit** You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You would need to contact customer service for specific issues. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.  **

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

YFuji

I was originally told Fido staff that I could receive the credit from first and second bill. I have all chat conversation.

I recently received my 5th bill and it should be waved and also you need to refund me the 4 th months payment. 

Hello again,

I understand you may have chat conversations with customer service. I'm guessing, though, those conversations were with regular customer service or Live Chat. Unfortunately, they can only provide non-specific information regarding the program. Generally, eligible customers do receive the reward within the time-period specifed. However, they are not the ones to determine whether a particular situation is eligible for the reward. That's the reason you were told to contact the Refer-a-Friend support team.

@YFuji wrote:

...the agent told me to email the friend referral department.

Someone who didn't provide a name replied to me and refused my request and said that I am not eligible.

The Refer-a-Friend department would verify and determine eligibility. Unfortunately, it appears as your situation was deemed ineligible.

Even if your situation was eligble for the reward, now that you have cancelled your Fido services, you would have forfeit that reward.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

YFuji

Also, I have submitted my complaint to CCTS before I quit Fido. Fido has to refund to me because they promised to pay.

It is weird why @Cawtou stop customers to post comments here. Cawtou should not fabricate the title.

Hello again,

You are certainly entitled to submit your complaint to the CCTS.

@YFuji wrote:

...It is weird why @Cawtou stop customers to post comments here....

I never said, or even suggested people should stop posting their comments. You are more than welcome to share your stories and experiences. However, some people seem to expect a response from customer service or the Ombudsperson or the Office of the President etc in response to their post in the forums. I only noted that this is not the venue to expect a response from Fido customer service or the other offices. They won't reply here since these forums are not customer service.

So, feel free to share your experiences. However, if you want assistance for a specific issue, you would need to contact customer service... or else you could be waiting a while for a response from them.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers 

YFuji

@Cawtau 

If you insist that you are not a staff member, I have no idea why you help Fido and cover up their problems all the time.
I wish FIDO would stop deceiving customers.

Hello again,

No, I don't work for Fido nor do I work for any telecommunications company. Providing information and possible explanations for a situation is not trying to cover anything up.

Any further comment would not add anything to this thread.

Cheers

YFuji

@Cawtau 

I have no idea why you are creating multiple accounts and cleaning up Fido's mess on Fido community.

I wish Fido to be honest.

Hello again,

@YFuji wrote:

....I have no idea why you are creating multiple accounts ......

Multiple accounts?!?!?!?!? I only have this one account.

Cheers

YFuji

@Cawtau again,

Did you said "Any further comment would not add anything to this thread."?????????

I don't know why you are trying to control others for Fido. And you did reply to me again lol

Enjoy your rest of day Cawtau aka Cawtau1

Hello again,

Yes, I did say that any further comment does not add anything to this thread. Your repeated mentions of me add NOTHING for this thread. However, I do have the right to defend against your attempts to discredit me.

Fair enough regarding Cawtau1. However, I don't even know if that is my account. It's possible that is a remnant from when Fido was having issues with their log-in system and I could not log into this account. It's also possible it's someone entirely different. Regardless, you seem to have implied that I created multiple accounts to influence the community. That Cawtau1 account has made NO posts. 

Untitled.jpg

It's a bit of a stretch to accuse someone of having mutiple accounts when the account in question has not contributed any posts.

**edit** As these later posts do not add anything to the thread, don't be surprised if they get deleted. They are definitely not on-topic as per the Community Guidelines. You might also wish to familiarise yourself with the Community's Terms of Use. **

Cheers

YFuji

Is it Cawtau  again? I am surprised at the nerve you defend your own rights although you tried to restrict limit my actions and ignore my rights.

I understand you haven’t used one of your sub-accounts. However it's obvious that you're working for FIdo.

It is impossible that a users is working so hard to cover up FIdo's fraud.

You should look for a better part-time job.

Hello again,

@YFuji wrote:

...you tried to restrict limit my actions and ignore my rights....

How exactly did I try to limit your actions? Which rights of yours did I ignore? My first reply to you was to inform you that since you cancelled your services, any right to earn the rewards would be forfeit (as per the program's regulations). I played no part in your cancelling your services.

My second reply reiterated the fact that general customer service do no determine eligibility for the reward.

I even encouraged you to share your experiences in my third reply. Yes, I did mention that Fido customer service etc would likely not reply in this forum.

My remaining replies were in response to your repeated mentions about me...

Cheers

Hey @YFuji, Alex here! 

Thank you for your post on the community.

To offer some clarity, @Cawtau is simply an MVP (Most Valuable Posters) in the community. Basically, an MVP is an active, helpful, and knowledgeable community member who helps maintain a dynamic and interactive community and are not Fido employees.

You can read more about MVPs here: Community MVP Program - Fido - 118868.

With that being said, we take pride in providing a safe space for users to post questions/concerns and help one another in a respectful manner while keeping it on-topic.

You can take a look at our community guidelines here: Fido Community Guidelines - Fido - 118871

If you have any other concerns/questions about your initial inquiry, feel free to add it to this thread. If you need to connect with a Fido employee, you can do so here: Contact us - Call or chat with customer service - Fido

Thank you for understanding and for your contribution to keeping the community a safe space for everyone.

YFuji

@FidoAlex 
I am not interested in the contractual relationship between FIdo and the contractors, I am saying that FIdo's way to cheat their customers are malicious.

Before you start telling me about guidelines, Fido are the one who is not following their own rules of the refer-a-friend program.

What Fido is doing is fraudulent and against the law.