cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend Offer Fail

Hedgeo
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor
On December 28, 2021, via Live Chat with a Fido agent, I signed up for a new mobile account with Fido. The agent advised that the steps I took were the correct signup process in order for both the referrer and myself as the referee to be eligible to receive the Fido Refer a Friend credit. I had expressed some concern that the process didn't appear to be done according to the terms on https://fido.sparkrefer.com/, but the agent assured me that things were fine and in the "worst case scenario we will just do it manually it's really not an issue." I proceeded with the registration process based on his confirmation.

Neither my referrer nor I received the credit so I contacted Fido, and in March 2022, I was assigned Customer Care Issue [#256386] and was told I'm ineligible as the team could not locate a referee profile for me. Since then, I have been unable to connect with someone at Fido to resolve this issue (I've contacted the Fido team handling the referral program a few more times, each time offering details of what happened/offering to provide such details, including a copy of the chat transcript with the Fido agent who provided direction to me in signing up with Fido, but my e-mails following up on this issue have gone ignored - I don't even receive replies from the team acknowledging my e-mails to say they are looking into it).  I get the team is busy but I don't understand why they've frozen me out and aren't even interested in having a discussion to confirm the situation properly.

I would really appreciate assistance in helping make this right! As we are now in October 2022, I would like to confirm the Refer a Friend credit will be provided to both myself and the person who referred me and applied to our next billing statements, but am at a total loss as to how to go about it. Can Fido make good on the agent's offer to do a "manual credit" now? As mentioned above, I would be happy to furnish a copy of the transcript with said agent to allow the Fido team to verify this situation. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Hedgeo
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Hello @FidoNajat ! Thank you for replying. I understand your statement that, "some specific steps that need to be followed within the right timeframe in the process, failure to do so causes the credit to be rejected"; however, my situation is not so straightforward. As I mentioned, I only proceeded with the registration process under those specific steps I took because I had received confirmation and assurance from the Fido representative that I was doing it properly and "worst case scenario we will just do it manually it's really not an issue." Reasonably, I did not expect to experience this challenge in obtaining the Refer a Friend credit for myself and my referrer. I would really appreciate Fido honouring the promise made by the representative who assisted me in the registration process, and that's all I am really asking for right now. 

Just to make sure I understand, should I be expecting a Fido representative to contact me personally within 3 business days to continue this conversation? Thank you!

Hey @Hedgeo,

That's definitely not the experience we want you to have with our Refer A Friend program. 

We'll be happy to go over the situation with you. 

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line

- Via live chat on Fido.ca

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. 😀

Hey there, I tried reaching out via Live Chat and the agent let me know he could make an exception and provide a credit but only for the prorated amount of my first bill (which is a partial payment instead of a full month's credit) and that he can't do anything to credit the person who referred me. He told me I need to reach out to the Fido Refer a Friend team if I want a full credit for myself and my referrer - however, that brings us back to square one because my emails to that team have gone unanswered since March 2022, and it seems they have already decided we aren't eligible despite the chat corespondence I have and the original reassurance from the Fido agent who helped me when I first signed up.  Is there anyone I can escalate this to in order to finally resolve this? It's approaching a year since I first signed up...please help!

Hi there @Hedgeo

The discount for the friend referral is applied only by our Refer a friend team (RAF). You can reach out to them though this link, if you have any questions or concerns about this program.

That being said, if you've already reached out to them and they have confirmed that your referral is not eligible, unfortunately the credit won't be applied.

However, I understand that you'd like to have this situaiton reviewed and if our agents were unable to answer your questions you can contact us by live chat to report a concern.

Hope this helps!

FidoNajat

Hey @Hedgeo! You can find everything you need to know about the referral program here: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/fido-referral-program

Once a referral has been verified (which takes approximately 30 days) the reward is then authorized. Depending on when the referral process is completed, both referrer and referee should receive the reward within 2 to 3 billing cycles.

Please keep in mind that there are some specific steps that need to be followed within the right timeframe in the process, failure to do so causes the credit to be rejected. 

For additional support concerning the refer a friend promo, you may also access and fill this link : https://fido.sparkrefer.com/contact.html

A representative will reach out back within 3 business days.

We hope this helps.