cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Iphone 13. Reservation or pre order

andyb0207
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I got an email comfrimation for my change of plan and the day after just like an add saying congratulation for your new phone.. not sure if those are an order confirmation or not.

1 REPLY 1

FidoVan

Hi there @andyb0207

While both options are slightly different, both are great ways to ensure you get the exact device you want as quickly as possible!

For pre-orders:

• A pre-order is just like a regular online order (with or without a 2-year term on a plan), but it’s placed before a device launches officially.
  • Orders are processed and shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • When you pre-order a phone, we ask that you pay for it upfront.
  • If we have not shipped the device yet, we can cancel the order for you.
  • We send a confirmation email once the order is completed, then a second confirmation with a tracking number once the device has shipped.
  • This option is only available online and we ship it to your home.

Through the Fido Reservation System:

• When you reserve a device for pick up in store, you are asking for a device to be set aside at a store location of your choosing.
  • To hold your place in line, we charge them a refundable $40 fee until they get the device. You’ll only pay for it once you pick it up.
  • Stores hold reserved phones for a total of 3 days from the date they receive it for you to pick up.
  • If the you don’t pick up tyour phone in the timeframe, we’ll cancel the reservation.
  • Only the account holder or an authorized contact level 1 with accepted government photo ID can pick up the phone.
  • You will get a:
    • Confirmation email once the reservation is complete
    • Weekly status email confirming their number in line
    • Confirmation email when we ship the phone to the store. This includes a tracking number
    • Phone call from the store asking them to pick up their device within 3 days
  • More info here

Basically, it comes down to whether you want to pick up your device in store or have it shipped. Keep in mind that both options does not guarantee you that you will get your device on launch day. Hope that helps!