Rates for seniors

I'm a Participant Level 1 Nance
I'm a Participant Level 1

Rates for seniors

An aging population where the majority now have cell phones and living on fixed incomes
How about having rate plans for 55 or 60+ with options of diff pricing for calling only, data etc...
I don't see this with any other Carrier promoting this?
Accepted Solution

Re: Rates for seniors

Welcome to the Community @BKD 

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share it.

Although we don't have senior citizen rates, we work hard to provide the best options possible at affordable cost Smiley

As KAPABLE-K already mentionned, we also have a good selection of prepaid plans giving a lot more liberty when it comes to usage and pricing. 

Don't hesitate to head over here for our monthly options as well.

Cheers!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Hello @Nance,

Welcome to the community!

Having a special discount for senior citizens dosen't sound like a bad idea but I would not consider a 55yr old a senior citizen. 

A senior citizen most likely will not use a cell phone that often and might benefit more from using a pay as you go plan.

Fido also offer talk and text only plans see here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 BKD

Really FIDO? 55+ is senior for a lot of Canadian citizens and 60+ definitely is.  It should be with shame that you refuse to have plans to assist those who now need to rely on cell phones as the only form of communication. SO many are  on fixed (below poverty incomes) and/or disabled and just trying to have some dignity. An opportunity to talk - text unlimited with family, friends and doctors is a necessity in this day and age.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Solution

Welcome to the Community @BKD 

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share it.

Although we don't have senior citizen rates, we work hard to provide the best options possible at affordable cost Smiley

As KAPABLE-K already mentionned, we also have a good selection of prepaid plans giving a lot more liberty when it comes to usage and pricing. 

Don't hesitate to head over here for our monthly options as well.

Cheers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 johnpaulca

I will save you on your hard work. Let's start with a 50% for seniors...see that was easy!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7

Hey @johnpaulca

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll make sure to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

google the solution or message will be blocked. ask your younger friends or their kids or grand kids

just get prepaid plans look at other carriers as well. make sure phone is unlocked and can use with most carriers. if u get smart phone make sure at least 4gb ram u will be good to go. u have two choices. get talk and txt plan. or use data to call others

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7