cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random credit inquiry?

plstellmewhy
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, so I checked my credit score today, and found out my score was lowered because Fido decided to do a random inquiry. I've been with Fido for a very long time (8+ years?), so I am very confused as to why I got hit by this. Can someone help please? Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21

colbymallory200
I'm a participant level 1

I need dose amount to balance down to $0 because it was in a bankruptcy and I am done my bankruptcy

Hey @colbymallory200 

We'll be happy to go over the situation with you.

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line.

- Via live chat on Fido.ca.

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. 

deep123
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

hi, i have opened fido account and they had two inquiries on my credit report which leads to decrease my credit score. first inquiry was by creditor name "FIDO" and other by "FIDO SOLUTIONS". why fido hit me two times?

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @deep123! Your post was moved here as this thread deals with similar topics Smiley

We'll get to the bottom of this! 

Did you open more than one account (i.e. an internet account + a cell phone account)? If not, where did you open your Fido account? Was more than one attempt to open an account done?

Those are all factors that can explain the double-hit. If you don't fall under these scenarios then please contact us so we can investigate and correct this if needed Smiley 

wendy2019

It recently happened to me... I wanted to open a new line and was told that they need to redo my credit check -- the old one expired.(My status in Canada changed several times during the past few years)  I didn't know the check could lower my credit score. I worked so hard to have a perfect credit score and don't want to lower that! !!Is there a way to stop this check? I don't want the new service that much anyway. If my credit points get lower because of this, I would be so disappointed.

Thank you!

Hey @wendy2019! Thank you for contributing your first post. Smiley

If you have an existing account for some time with us, we perform an internal credit check. 

This Credit check result is based on: The tenure and history of previous or existing accounts is used to perform the evaluation, including payments, usage and collections activity. A credit bureau inquiry is not performed for internal credit checks. As a result, your score is not effected by this check.

I hope this helps!

hvp9111

Hi,

I checked my credit score last week and found it was lowered by 100 points. When i checked, FIDO made couple of credit checks and now they added pending charges for $266 under my name. I had discontinued FIDO service since 2016 and now they opened some account in last year in 2018.

What is going on FIDO people? Just screwing up my credit score ?

Hey @hvp9111,

Welcome to the Community!

I have moved your post to this thread as it is about the same topic.

Can you tell us if you fall within any of the scenarios listed by FidoClaudia?

FidoKenny

Hey @plstellmewhy and welcome to the Community.

This doesn't sound right.

Credit evaluations are done when:

- A new customer activates an account

- An existing customer whose previous credit result expired :

• Activates a new line on an existing account.
  • Activates a new account

Is there any of those that was done on your end recently for your account?

plstellmewhy

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. None of those things have happened. I did not open anything or change anything on my account.

Thanks for letting us know @plstellmewhy.  

The following info is also reported to the credit bureau:  

-Activation, cancellation and last delinquency dates

-Bankruptcy and Credit Counselling Cancellation reason (voluntary or involuntary, fraud, activated in error, buyer’s remorse, under dispute)

-Identification (ID) information (name, address, SIN, date of birth, home phone number)

-Outstanding balance

-Payment

-Write-off and agency assignment

If you don't fall under any of those scenarios, let us know and we'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account Smiley

plstellmewhy

Hi, thanks for replying. I'd like a pm please because nothing has happened at all. The only significant thing is that I went over my data, but that has happened before with no inquiry. Thanks again for the quick responses.

Hey @bas123 

"Fido solutions" is definitely from us.

If anything, you can contact our Credit Operations department for more info

Their number is : 1-888-288-2106 

You can also reach them on the Live Chat on Fido.ca during business hours Smiley

@pistellmewhy

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon !!

bas123

Hello,

I had a credit check from Fido Solutions 6 weeks after my internet account was opened. Is this normal? If not, who should I contact?

Anna

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @bas123 ,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you request to have any services added to your account which would have required a credit inquiry?

Overall, are there 2 credit inquiries from Fido or only one?

Let us know!

bas123

I haven't added any new services. So far I see only 1 inquiry on october 19th

Anna

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

If there's only one inquiry it's the initial one we made to open the account, does that add up on your end @bas123 ?

bas123

Well, I'm not sure how accurate these credit reports are, maybe the first one was not reported. I'm worried that it was done 6 weeks after the account was opened, and there is no way for me to check if it is the same one, or someone else opened a different account with my name or SIN.

Anna

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

If only one inquiry shows then it would make sense that it's the original one we made for the account. I understand that you're preoccupied so no worries, we're here to help with that!

Is there any account number or information that it attached to the inquiry @bas123 ?