cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Racist customer service 3

Gill85
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am here to share a very sad incidence which happened yesterday. I wrote sad because I thought Canada is a country where everyone is equally respected.So my sister called customer service as she needed some help to activate service.After that I talked to same customer service rep and she was not helpful at all. Despite giving solution to our problem, she assumed my husband couldn't speak English. I think the moment she realized from our accent that we are not native speakers,she made assumption that we can't speak English. So,here I want to tell her English is a way of communication,not the only  skill to survive in this world. Being an immigrant and hard working people we are so proud of ourselves.So my advice to her instead of judging people be better in her job skills,so you can help people for which you're being paid for.

1 REPLY 1

FidoValerie

Hey @Gill85 !

Welcome to the Community. Smiley

This doesn't sound right at all.

Equality is at the core of our values, so the last thing we want is for any of our customers to feel discriminated against.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, as we definitely want to make sure this is correctly addressed!

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this further.

Talk soon!