Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional Black Friday Plan $ 50 for 12 GB for 15 Months

tivaria
I'm a participant level 3

Hi There,

I had signed up Promotional plan Balck Friday offer  in November 2021 which has $ 50 per month with 12 GB data & $ 10 discount for 15 months. Sunddenly I noticed my plan price goes up to $ 52.50 per month after eight months of deal which still valid for 7 months without any notice. That shows me Fido don't want to honor it what ever offered.

The customer should not be a lawyer or hire a lawyer, when one signed up any cell plan. I am disappointed by this.

Can any one help to figure it out? I appreciate the help

Thanks  in advance

6 REPLIES 6

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @tivaria 

Have u asked an supervisor for a better deal, or a plans that fit your needs?

Make me an follow-up (reply)

Have a nice day Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tivaria,

I understand price increases are disconcerting. Unfortunately, the cost of everything has gone up in recent times. I understand you still have some remaining months with the promotion your received.

Have you had a chance to view the detailed billing? You should be able to view those details via your My Account --> Billings & Payments --> View Bill. From there, you should be able to Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. That PDF should include the details of any price changes.

You should note that since Fido switched from their old subsidised plans to their new Payment Program, I don't think plans are contractual anymore. If you have a contract, it applies to the device financing only. So I believe the monthly cost of that plan would be subject to change. That said, I believe your discount should still be applicable for the remaining months.

In which Province do you reside? I'm guessing the monthly cost of that plan increased to $60. With your promotional discount, you would be required to pay $50 plus taxes. Is it possible you live in a Province with 5% taxes?

If you would like to discuss the details of your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Re: tivaria

Hi tivaria,

can you make me a follow-up? Problem resolved?

Waiting for your reply Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Tivaria!

I think there was a discount in your account for 6 months, or Fido updated is price. Sometime phone company upgrade his price each year. People working at fido are great person, you should contact them to see what is going on exactly and if there are some options that may suit you.

Here the Fido Customer Number (888) 481-3436

Have a nice day Smiley I'm with you Smiley

Sans titre.pngbest.png

tivaria

Hi Sir,

Thanks for reply.I am not asking for new deal. I am here to Fido honor my deal as per signed up in November 2021 .As per deal ,$ 50 plan with $ 10 discount upto 15 months.

Here money is immaterial but practice Fido follows is matter.

I understood by this incident,nobody should trust Fido when signed up for deal because they are not going to honor anyway.That is troblesome for me.It is no contract,so I can change carrier anytime I want. That is not real solution I am expecting.

Fido stated that if you have fixed term plan, price will not change in May 2022 bill.

Thanks once again for your help

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @tivaria,

First thanks for your quick follow-up Smiley . I think your case is an isolated case. Normally every telecom company are subject to price upgrade. I'm an Fido user like you but if you got a 10$ discount on original price for 15 months you should have your discount left, but have you checked if the price is now upgraded from 60$ to 62.50- 10$discount = 52.50$? It's could be the case. If the discount of 10$ is still here, it's only a price upgrade. I know your deal was for 50$ per month and your opinion matters. Fido is a great company, and the service is great. I know your saying your not asking for a new deal. I think Fido is trustable and honor his engagements. The best way to have a clear idea about your billing issue and explaination is to chat with a Fido rep at Fido.ca, maybe he can adjust billing. I'm an user so i can't get in billing details so i tagged also some Fido forums mods in my reply, so i think your post will be answered by @FidoSaad , @FidoStephen or someone else at Fido.

I hope a solution will make you feel better, and make you smile Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley Keep your head up Smiley

heart_4x3.png

cc : @FidoSaad , @FidoStephen