Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid card doesnt work

TakHingLO
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Dear Fido Customer Service,

I am writing to express my disappointment with the prepaid card service I received from Fido. I have always been satisfied with the service provided by your company. However, my recent experience has left me feeling frustrated and dissatisfied.

On June 12th, I changed my mobile phone account (780 885 9254) to a prepaid card service (962185054)  before leaving Canada. I had contacted two of your staff prior to my departure just to make sure that the switching would be done as requested.  My understanding was that the prepaid card service would allow me to receive text messages while I was in Hong Kong. Unfortunately, when I have not been able to receive any text messages since I arrived in Hong Kong on 13 June.

I called your customer service department a week ago to have this issue fixed. I was told that my prepaid card had not been activated and that the staff I talked to would activate it for me afterwards. However, up to now, I still haven’t been able to receive any signal out of my sim card nor do I receive any text messages.

I tried calling customer service for prepaid card again, but there were neither options available that suit my needs nor agent that I could talk to for resolving the problem.

I am extremely disappointed with the level of service I have received from Fido. I expect better from your company. I am now requesting to cancel my prepaid card services. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Tak Hing Christopher LO

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello TakHingLO,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your issues. However, I'm not quite sure what you mean by pre-paid card service. As I understand it, you migrated your services from post-paid to pre-paid services. If you were not aware, there would have been a fee ($10, I believe) for the migration of services.

@TakHingLO wrote:

...On June 12th, I changed my mobile phone account (780 xxx xxxx) to a prepaid card service (96xxxxxxx)  before leaving Canada. ...

Once your services migrated to pre-paid services, your phone number would have remained the same.

In addition, it should also be noted that Fido no longer has a By the Minute or By the Day pre-paid offering. Their current offerings are Monthly, Semi-Annually, or Annually (see here). You can find additional information regarding pre-paid service here. In order to receive text messages (or use other services), you would have needed to select one of the plan offerings. When you mentioned card, are you referring to vouchers? Since the service is pre-paid, your account would need sufficient funds before any services can be accessed. The vouchers do need to be activated before the amount is available in your account for use. As well, are you aware that the account balances expire? Is it possible your account does not have sufficient funds?

Have you verified your phone is compatible with the networks in Hong Kong? You can view the compatible bands/frequencies here.

I understand your frustration and wanting to cancel your services. Since the line is pre-paid, there is no need to cancel the services. Once the account has a $0 balance for 6 consecutive months, it will automatically be deactivated (see here).

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. Unfortunately, I do not know the full details of your situation. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. However, you may need to contact their dedicated pre-paid customer service line.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers