Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid 0.50 text add-on self-expires?

MCB_52
I'm a contributor level 2

Hello,

Just added the 0.50 daily text add-on for unlimited Canadian texting (24h) and no where online or at 611 does it indicate how to cancel, or if it will automatically cancel after the 24h. We understand this option has been around for a while, so how is that Fido.ca has no mention (not even in the fine print!) as to what happens after 24h?

As it's needed only for today, we're hoping it self-expires... If not, do mention how this can be accomplished.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MCB_52!

The option is recurring and would have to be removed. You can do so at any time via the IVR, just call 611 from your Fido Smiley

Hope that helps!

MCB_52

Hi Nick,

Thank you for looking into it. Would it be possible to indicate where in the 611 IVR we find the option to cancel/remove? Have listened through every available 611 option, and over and over, we're offered the chance to add options, never remove one we've activated. In fact, there are no instructions whatsoever for removing or modifying a Prepaid add-on.

Any chance you can look this up by calling the IVR yourself? Once located, could you provide the pathway?

This is much appreciated, thank you.

Hey @MCB_52!

You should be able to find it by pressing 3 and then 2 on the menu. This options may only be available after refill though. Otherwise, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM via the community for assistance.