Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-authorized credit card

Denisefff
I'm a participant level 2

Hello there,

I am really confused, I changed my payment method to the pre-authorized credit card payment on Oct 7, and my next billing is on Oct 15. I just logged in to my Fido app and I found I still owe the Oct billing. 

Because I don't want to make a late payment which will cause a late payment fee, can someone tell me what should I do?

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Denisefff 

Welcome to the community!

Pre-authorized payments are usually taken 14 days after your billing cycle has ended.

If your billing cycle ends on the 15th then the payment will be taken around the 29th.

Denisefff

Hello @KAPABLE-K 

Thanks a lot! Then I have another question. I just paid my bill manually, so there won't be an automatic charge on Oct 29 right? Also, I think my next billing, which is in Nov, the pre-authorized payment will work on/before Nov 15. Am I right?

Hey @Denisefff,

If you paid the balance off by making the payment manually then the pre-authorized payment will not process because the balance will be $0.

As I mentioned above the pre-authorize payments are usually taken 14 days after your billing cycle so if your cycle ends on the 15th of every month then expect the payment to be taken automatically 14 days after the 15th.

Dragonlord
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I pre-authorized my payment immediately after setting up my account, apparently no payment was taken, and now I have a late fee with no way of contacting Fido to find out why's. My account clearly said pre-authorized, and still does.

20201027_001840.jpg

Hey @Dragonlord,

Welcome to the community! 😃

That definitely sounds odd. We can definitely go over your account to see what happened. 

Feel free to reach out to us through these channels in order to look into the situation with you. Alternatively, we can send you a private message via the community.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.