cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out 1 BYOD line

JKL00
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Would like to port out a current BYOD line to another provider and want to make sure I don't need to call Fido before I do so. Want make sure it does not affect the account I have for another line. 

3 REPLIES 3

LMG123
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

Just a quick one in regards to the above question. I have 2 lines in my BYOD account with you guys and I wish to port out the primary one. Would it affect the other line? Will it automatically cance the primary once it is ported out?

Thank you!

Hey @LMG123,

We'd hate to see you go! 

Is there any particular reason you're thinking of leaving Fido?

To answer your question, the line is indeed cancelled automatically when you port-it out. If you have discounts or additional line promotions, they might be removed.

I'll send you a PM shortly to go over your account with you.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @JKL00

Welcome to the community Smiley

BYOP lines would have no contract linked to it so the impact on your account should be limited. That said, you did mention that you have 2 lines on your account, do you perhaps have a promotion for a second line?

We'd also hate to see you go, and we'd be happy to take a closer look if you'd like to review your account before proceeding with the port out. We advise you to reach out to us at these channels for assistance, though we'll be sending you a PM this time. Talk to you soon!