cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service & fees overcharge.

aabdourahman
I'm a participant level 2

I have been a customer with fido for more than 8yrs and within the yrs it's been a decline of poor services ...I had to go to a third party to get the best deals for my phone last yrs  because no one in fido was willing to listen and understand customer needs whenever an upgrade was need it Yes / No ....Today I called for an overcharged fees even if my payment was made on the 31st of December 2020-2021 due payment was the 2nd of January....cont fido answer was you need to switch to pre authorized payment without being understanding or if it's an error done by fido  & how can it be fixed...it's another reason why clts like us from the grand grand parents package are looking elsewhere for  competitive company like "Virgin ...mobile/ internet  for their best dealsand clts approach & appreciation...I can wait to end yrs until I cancel my services with fido company tht $$$ is more important than service & maintaining good standards. I'm really disappointed with fido over yrs. with it's poor lack of services & care. Merci !

5 REPLIES 5

aabdourahman

To be more clear, I was due for January 02, 2021  to pay my bill and as always I did make a payment on December 31st, 2020 ....The agent response was I won't be able to refund the late charge fees of $ 2....something but encourage me to apply for authorized banking payment....My response was if you have received the $$$ later it's because it's  a stats holliday ( New yrs )  and bank are closed so technically you shouldn't even charge me a late fee etc.....I decided not to waste my time if the person behind the phone  who has the power to wave the fee refuse to do so & didn't even bother...I hve been  working in the service industry until today as a CSR "city... "and we will never never be an "****........& rude  with good clts because we need them for the  services they're using with US and brand  we represent etc..... honest clts deserve to be treated fairly and with dignity.... ( we call it "Given them the apple 🍎) vs losing $$$  and clts for good....hope I was clear enough. MERCI! 

Hello Aabdourahman,

Welcome to the community!

@aabdourahman wrote:...My response was if you have received the $$$ later it's because it's  a stats holliday ( New yrs )  and bank are closed so technically you shouldn't even charge me a late fee etc....

Yes, January 1st has always been a statutory holiday. However, it is still incumbent on customers to ensure that the payments made are received by the due date. You should note that, depending on your method of payment, it might take a couple of additional days before Fido receives payment (see here). You would also need to take any statutory holidays into consideration when determining when to pay your bill.

You don't have to register for pre-authorised payments. However, you do need to make your payments with sufficient time to ensure they are received by the due date.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

aabdourahman

Thank for your comment  but my payment was made before the due  date and if fido check when the payment  was done they will see it themselves to when was the payment was made and when  it was received...I wasn't charged  late fees on my hydro, gaz & credit card  etc..  when the due date was January 2nd and payment was done on the 31st of December 2020, it was an automatic adjustment done in theirs end .We can argue all day long  with your rules and policies about the late fee charges but the end result always make sure clts hve a say also  remind them  how special they're and  we value their service. Tht's wht I was asking for not otherwise..Merci ! 

Hello again,

@aabdourahman wrote:..my payment was made before the due  date and if fido check when the payment  was done they will see it themselves to when was the payment was made and when  it was received...

If there was a late payment charge, then it was received after the due date. I understand you might have made the payment before the date, however, what matters is when they receive the payment. If they indeed received the payment before the due date, they wouldn't have issued you the late payment charges.

Are all of your due dates on the 2nd? That's mighty fortunate to have the billing cycles of all of your services match up. Most of us have to remember different due dates for the various services we have.

Just because you might not have been charged late fees on your other services doesn't mean that their policies are not the same. For example, many credit cards do require payment on their due date, regardless of whether or not a weekend or holiday is involved.

Credit card.jpg

~taken from here.

As mentioned previously, you would also need to take any statutory holidays into consideration when determining when to pay your bill.

**edit** What does clts stand for?**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @aabdourahman

Thanks for sharing your feedback, however we wouldn't want to see you go on that note.

Could you perhaps clarify your recent experience and the charges billed on your invoice? Where you able to speak to a Fido representative to have it resolved?

Let us know!