cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan which include roaming in USA

JC409
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Two Canadian carriers now have plans that include Canada and USA roaming for $50 a month. Has anyone heard if Fido will get competitive and join.

7 REPLIES 7

Salexa
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Yes  plan exists only in Quebec for new customers

this is an insult to existing Fido customers that have been demanding this over the years . After 25 years with Fido ; today  I was reviewing how to cancel my lines and move to the competition !

Thank you for your feedback!

At the moment, we do not have US plans for other provinces, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback along.

That said, please don't hesitate to reach out to us to double-check your options with Fido.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello JC409,

@JC409 wrote:

... Has anyone heard if Fido will get competitive.... 

I understand US/Canada plans might be attractive to some customers. However, being competitive does not necessarily mean having to match the other providers. Sometimes, it means offering something the other providers do not. Until recently, Fido has offered the 5 Hours of Unlimited Data as well as Fido Xtra which are not available from the other providers. That said, Fido has announced that the Fido Xtra program is ending November 30th, 2023.

With regards to a US/Canada plan, Fido actually does offer one. However, it is not available in all markets. Initially, it was only available to customers in Québec. In fact, it is still on the Québec plan offerings (available for new activations only). Apparently, the offer might have been extended to customers with an Ottawa area code (see here). I do understand some of the other provider offerings might not be limited to certain areas.

It's possible Fido may have plans to introduce some other feature or service which could replace the Fido Xtra program. However, that would be entirely speculation. Unfortunately, no one here would know about future plan features. Even if there were individuals who are privy to that information, they would not be able to discuss such matters until they are officially announced. As mentioned below, any new offerings would be made public on Fido.ca.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

faisal69
I'm a contributor level 1

Currently, other carriers like Freedom Mobile-Public Mobile are offering USA/Canada plans(Call and Data) with 5G network for $39 a month  and Fido still using old  fashioned 4G network  within   Canada only call and Data with an average price of $50 so please review your  price and coverage plans as a thousand customers already left Fido

Hello Faisal69,

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We are fellow Fido customers. We would not be in any position to review their plans and roaming offerings. As mentioned, any new offerings would be made public on Fido.ca.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

faisal69

Fido  only providing more services like USA roaming  in Quebec as Fido orgins from same province.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @JC409,

If/when they do it will be announced on fido.ca.