cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number for prepaid customers to contact customer service for free?

grateful1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Is there a phone number prepaid customers can use to call customer service for free (does not deduct minutes from airtime balance for the call)?

2 REPLIES 2

FidoVan

Hi there @grateful1 and welcome!

Just to add a few more info, any numbers you will dial to call customer service care will not charge you any airtime for as long as the call started in our Fido Network zone. You will know you are on the FIdo Network as it will show ''FIDO'' at the top of your status bar.

If your call started on the Extended Network (allows our customers access to our partners’ networks for talk, text and data services across Canada outside of the Rogers and Fido network coverage area), you will be charged Pay-Per-Use rate with no airtime deduction from your plan. You will know you are on the Extended Network as it will show something else than ''FIDO'' at the top of your status bar (on most devices, the customer will see EXT, TELUS when on a Telus network, or a roaming indicator).

For the PPU rate, please refer yourself to this link and check out the details of the plan you have.

Don't hesitate if you have more questions!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Grateful1,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does have a dedicated phone number for pre-paid customers (see here). However, I think calling that number would deduct from your call minutes unless you called from a different line (ie landline). That said, you should be able to access the IVR system and customer service by dialling 611 without charge (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers