Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overly Billed Long Distance Calling

Excellenceisme
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Sir

I have received a bill of amount 1625 CAD for making calls to India. Sir I made call to my mother because last month my son's condition was not very good as he has autism. The calls were made several times to mother who was helping me accommodate to get in touch with the doctor as my son's doctor, who is homeopath, is in India too. I did not get any notification of crossing my free minutes as I am not the primary account holder of this account. Besides I have already filed bankruptcy and is jobless. Also I am bipolar and this huge bill has impacted me mentally in a deeper extend. I request you to kindly look into my situation and reconsider adjustment of the bill. Only if I knew I would have used addon and would have happily paid 0.02 cents instead of 1.50 per minutes. Is there anyway you can adjust bill to 0.02 cents? I will be always be thankful to you for your generous consideration. 

God bless!11

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Excellenceisme,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received that unexpectedly high bill amount.

@Excellenceisme wrote:..I did not get any notification of crossing my free minutes as I am not the primary account holder of this account...

To clarify, Fido does not provide notifications for additional long-distance usage -- not even to the primary account holder. Fido provides means of monitoring call usage (ie My Account app).

Sorry to hear of your situation. It's unfortunate you weren't aware of the Preferred International rate add-on prior to receiving your bill. However, if your bill has already been generated, it is not possible to retroactively adjust those calls using the add-on rate.

I understand this is a difficult time and your situation makes receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team.

You might also consider other resources: Coronovirus Financial Help, Managing Financial Health in Challenging Times, etc.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers