Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

MaryJLU
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there,

I'm writing to ask about my payment bill. I paid off my IPhone XR last month however Im still charged for $89 . Can you check for me and explain me how much my next payment going to? Also why I'm still charged for phone.

Thanks ,

Regard,

Mary

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MaryJLU,

Welcome to the community!

If your contract just recenty ended, it's likely your plan type was under the subsidised model. You should note that Fido has recently switched from their old subsidy model to a financed Payment Program. With the subsidised plan model, the cost of devices was incorporated into the cost of plans (ie Small, Medium, Large, etc). With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the cost of plans. Since the costs are separate, you would no longer have a monthly finance charge once you have paid-off the balance of the phone.

If your plan is a subsidised plan, your monthly billing will not automatically be reduced once you have paid the balance of the phone. It is not possible to simply remove the subsidy from those older plans so you would need to switch to a new plan -- one without subsidy. However, you should note that the details of the new plans may not be the same as your current plan. If you did not switch plans, you will not automatically get a new cellphone. In order to finance another device, you would also need to switch to a new plan as the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model.

If you would like to discuss your account, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers