cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered hardware upgrade but no communication since

UpsetClient
I'm a participant level 3

On Feb. 11th 2020 I ordered a hardware and plan upgrade through the website. I ordered a Google Pixel 4 with a change in plan (was previously on a BYOD).  I immediately received confirmation of order acceptance along with the updated T&Cs and other legalese, but since then nothing.  Confirmation says 5 days for delivery, and even assuming this is 5 business days, we are well over that timeline.  Chat Support just says wait for the shipping confirmation.  There is no shipping confirmation!  No indication whatsoever about what is going on.  No communication about any delay for whatever reason.  Email is not in Spam/Junk, and even it if was, the shipment would show up.  There's nothing.  What kind of garbage service is this?  Why can't I see the status of my order on my online profile??  This is basic service that is completely absent.  What gives?

12 REPLIES 12

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @UpsetClient,

We understand where you're coming from and that it's not pleasant to be in the dark about the status of your device order.

Can you tell us which model you ordered exactly?

Some of the Pixel models were available in limited quantities and are currently out of stock; therefore, longer delays are to be expected while we receive more stock (around 2 to 3 weeks).

However, you should receive an email letting you know, can you confirm you still haven't received anything yet?

Keep us posted.

UpsetClient

It was a white Pixel 4 128GB.  Still no communication - no emails, no indication other than what you just told me.  Again, I can't reinforce enough that almost all e-retailers have the ability to look up order status on the website when logging into their profiles.  Seems like a simple thing that Fido could be doing to work on the customer experience and address overall satisfaction issues.  How is it possible to have stock issues?  I could go and order this direct from Google and have it the next day.

Hey @UpsetClient

The Pixel 4 128 GB is one of the Pixel devices that are on backorder. We usually send an email for this, I'm sorry if you were not sent one. If you want to make changes to your order, you can always contact us using one of the options you'll find here.

UpsetClient

Do you have an updated timeline?  It is coming up 3 weeks now and still no official communication about my order.  Surely you folks require tracking on your shipments as well?  What date do you expect to get restocked?

Hello @UpsetClient

We understand how important it is for you to have your order as soon as possible.

The delays are still up to 3+ weeks. We will be in contact with you as soon as the device is available.

I do wish that we could provide more information. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.

soldieroflight
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I would like to back what @UpsetClient commented about the google pixel 4 upgrade that are ordered by customers. I am also waiting for the phone since 1 month now, its very frustrating and I empathise with @UpsetClient . Please can ananyone from the fido team reach out to me via email @FidoKenny @FidoJulien @FidoClaudia . Its concerning order.

Hey @soldieroflight

We would be more than happy to help but we don't send emails to our customers from here.Our customer service will be able to update you on your order. We can also send you a PM from the community. Let us know what you prefer! 

soldieroflight

Hey, 
PM might probably be wisest. But on which platform will it be? Text? on the fido website? Thanks. @FidoVanessa @FidoKenny @FidoJulien @FidoClaudia 

Hey @soldieroflight

A PM will be sent to you shortly. We'll be messaging you here on the Community so we can look into your request.

Talk to you soon Smiley

soldieroflight

Alright around how much time does it take for one of your team employees to come back to me? 

UpsetClient

Interestingly I finally called Support this morning who couldn't give me any additional information other than it could take 3+ weeks because they are out of stock.  I said it has been over 5 weeks and still no further update from anyone.  No proactive customer outreach whatsoever.  I cannot believe the incredible outright disrespect for their customers from a very simple and common process.

Having said that, about 2-3 hours after my call into Support, I get a text from Fido indicating my order has been cancelled as the device I ordered has been discontinued.  No joke!  This is after I spoke with an agent who couldn't tell me anything other than they were waiting for more inventory.  Now I have to go find another source to purchase the phone.  Un-fricken-believable!

Hey @UpsetClient!

This is definitely not the kind of situation we want our customers to be into. As you already contacted our customer service many times, we will send you a PM from here to get to the bottom of this once and for all. 

See you there!