Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a iphone 13 to pick up and was discriminated against in the store

sg1234
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I have spent the last 5 days calling Fido everyday to resolve my issue and it is still not resolved. i ordered an iPhone 13 online and recieved confirmation of my order. I never recieved the "ready to pick up" email and instead had to call Fido to find out that my order is ready.

I went to the store to pick it up only to be refused because I didn't have a non-Canadian ID because of "company policy". I only to find out later that it is not company policy at all. I was discriminated against based on my ID.

I was later told that I had to order the phone by delivery. How is it that I am able to deliver the phone to my home and not pick it up? However, the deal had changed from $0 down payment and $32 per month to $330 down payment and $34 per month. I was told I have to make the down payment or raise an issue with "back office". Why should I pay $330 when it was not my fault I couldn’t pick up the phone?

After this, I received the tracking id for thé phone and saw that the address that Fido had provided to purolater was incorrect??

I was on the phone with Fido for 3 hours trying to resolve both the issue of the down payment and the address change. The "resolution" was that a case was raised and I will be contacted in 1 business day. I even had to provide screenshots of my purchase of the iPhone 13 with $0 down payment.

As a company, will you allow your customers to be discriminated in the store? And then they are not able to resolve an issue that was not supposed to happen and face a worst situation? Incredibly disappointing.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sg1234,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you feel like you were discriminated against.

@sg1234 wrote:

...I went to the store to pick it up only to be refused because I didn't have a non-Canadian ID because of "company policy". ..

I assume you meant you have non-Canadian ID? May I ask what identification you provided? As far as I am aware, the accepted forms of identification can be found here and here. As noted in one of those replies, the authentication process can be different in-store and over the phone.

I understand a case has already been raised with customer support. Hopefully, they'll be able to resolve your situation.

Hope this helps 😀

sg1234

I hope so too! I showed my drivers license and work permit.