cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Office of the President

flas99
I'm a participant level 3

In my last Bill I have $94.87 of extra usage charges for something called game168 Gift Pack Mafia City. The charge is on a data only line with blocked voice and messaging

This game (or in fact any other game) is not installed on this device and could not be installed because installing apps is blocked on this device

I never heard of this game, and I never ordered anything from this device or from any other device using this line number. To be honest I donā€™t even know this deviceā€™s phone number because its data only line.

The invoice says it is done via Google and I checked google pay on this device and there are also no purchases there

Spent huge amount of time with different agents on chat trying to understand why I was charged. They could not give me any answer. The only thing they say that the proof that was me is the fact its in my Invoice. Of course, its ridiculous. I asked how they know it is me and not just someone random, but got no answer.

I asked to escalate this issue, but also without too much success

How can I contact with the Office of the President ?

It is mentioned in the link below, that I can contact it, but it does not specify by which means?

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/escalate-an-issue

5 REPLIES 5

FOB7
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

This just happened on my son's phone , we got charged 7 times !!!! Over $200!! Definitely not my son, he's never seen the game. Fido told me to contact usersupport@bango.com apparently they are the third party involved. I'm raging 

andres1976
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello flas99,

The same thing just happened to my kid's account. We are being charged $195 for the same reason, same concept. We don't know where these charges came from. Were you able to sort out your issue? Did you find out what was that about?

flas99

Fido were useless 

They just kept saying that since its in my invoice its 100% that I made these orders. I tried explaining that I couldn't technically do it, but they just kept saying it over and over without offering any help.

I found the company behing the game that I was charged for. Explained them the situation they promised to check. Afer a while they responded that they will refund this charge and they did in the end

Hey there @flas99,

Here is a link that might help you avoid similar situations in the future. šŸ˜‰

FidoKenny

Hello flash99

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.