Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number portability issue

chemistua
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi there,

I am planning to port out my two numbers but apparently, only one of them can be ported out. Is it an issue of a carrier I am planning to transfer my numbers to or is it Fido?

For the record: both phone numbers are on the contract which ends in 5 months

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @chemistua , you would have to check with the company that you are porting your numbers to. Once you request a port (through the new provider) they take care of everything. You don't need to contact Fido or cancel with Fido. The new provider takes care of everything. Hope that helps 

chemistua

I have checked with the company I am considering to transfer my numbers to and was told that they can't port one of my numbers.

I tend to think that that can be a sort of a number hold from on Fido's end.

Both numbers are originally from Fido and one of them (the one I have an issue with) has never been ported out of Fido and ported in.

Hey @chemistua

When you requested the port-out, did you receive a text message on your Fido SIM to confirm the transfer? 

It needs to be confirmed within 90 minutes, in order to go through.

You can find more information here.

Let us know.

chemistua

I haven't tried to port the number out yet - Inwas told by the other carrier that one of numbers won't be able to be ported.

The thing is, I want to port out two of my lines and leaving one line with Fido is not a solution (pricewise).

Hey @chemistua!

Did the carrier provide further details as to why it could not be ported? It can happen that certain numbers cannot, but it's pretty rare these days.

Also, have you already contacted us to see if anything can worked-out price wise?

Let us know.