cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting verification code by SMS from EmiratesNBD bank

satishgarg
I'm a participant level 2

Checked from the Bank, everything is OK from their side. 

6 REPLIES 6

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Satishgarg,

Welcome to the community!

I understand you have checked with the bank and everything is set-up. However, have you verified that the bank is able to send verification codes to overseas phone numbers? I do know some banks from abroad are unable to provide those codes to International phone numbers. Is it possible the Emirates NBD bank is also unable to provide verification codes to International phone numbers?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @satishgarg,

It's important to know that only short codes that are approved by The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) can be received on your phone.

You can find the current list here.

Let us know if your code is part of the list and still can't receive it. 

satishgarg

Hi 

Thanks for the reply,

I used to get those messages without any issue until Feb 2019, after that I stopped  receiving them. So, it is unlikely that it is a problem due to short code

Hey @satishgarg

If the short code is not listed, it's possible that it has been expired for use in Canada. The list includes all current codes that are allowed on the network. 

You can find it here.

This would explain it not working since February 2019. 

You can visit www.txt.ca to learn more about the CWTA, short code programs, how to apply for a short code and more. 

satishgarg

Sorry for responding so late, I have a friend, who is already getting SMS from the Bank on regular basis, hence, there seems to be no issue with respect to approved short code.  He has an international number and using Bell network in Toronto. It gives me a feeling that I have a issue with FIDO network.  

Hello @satishgarg,

I've verified again and EmiratesNBM isn't part of the current short-code programs in Canada at the moment which would confirm that it isn't due to an issue with our network.