Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No outgoing call

RSK1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

Imam not able to do any outgoing call now...when I am dialing any number..it just saw calling...and then disconnected.

While I am able to receive any incoming call.

I tried couple of times to switch off phone and then tried again but same problem.

Phone model: Samsung S8

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

Nez001
I'm a contributor level 1

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to try a low cost provider like Koodo that is on the Telus Network.  I never had these problems when I was with Telus.  Seems thier coverage out here is better.

Nez001

It seems to happen in the Tofino and Ucluelet areas.  No specific place.. This is where I live.

Hey @Nez001,

I did review our coverage map, and while the area of Tofino and Ucluelet are covered, there are nearby areas that aren't covered. That could possibly be the cause to the connection/ dropped calls. Though we'd hate to see you go, we can understand if the network around that area isn't the best for you.

What I can suggest, is to get in touch with our care team so they can possibly look into the network towers around that area, if it hasn't been done before already. 

Nez001

Same problem with both our family phones.  Located on west coast Vancouver Island.  Also been getting lots of dropped calls when network is set to Auto LTE/3G/2G.  If I change the phones to "3G only", calls have no issues.  This is fine for calls but anything requiring data will be slow.

Open Settings, connections, mobile networks, Network Mode.  Select 3G only.

Hey @RSK1 & @Nez001 Smiley

I'm sorry to hear about this situation! 
Has it since gotten better? 

If not, could you please let us know if you tried to use your Fido SIM card in another device and what was the result? 

You can also reach out to customer service for assistance!

Nez001

For me its been like this for a long time.  It's happening on 2 different Samsung  phones.  It is also a problem with my friends Google Pixel phone.  Some days it's not a problem, but in the last 3 months it seems to have gotten worst.

Hello @Nez001,

Does this mostly seem to happen in a particular location?

Let us know. 

Nez001

There does not seem to be any particular location.  It's anywhere I go near where I live (Ucluelet and Tofino).