cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option for VoLTE in S9

Paul13
I'm a contributor level 1

I have purchased two S9 from Fido and one of them showing an option for VoLTE however another one doesn't even show that option. 

Please advise what could be the issue. It is really frustrating that even though the phones purchased directly from Fido, didn't get this service. 

6 REPLIES 6

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Paul13! I'll be happy to help you. Smiley

That shouldn't normally be the case with the Samsung Galaxy S9 if they were purchased directly through us. Can you advise if you've done any of the following yet?

1. Have you attempted to power-cycle the phone?

2. Is the OS (operating system) up-to-date (if yes, which version is it)?

3. Have you attempted to restore the device?

4. Have you followed the instructions found here?

Let us know.

Paul13

Hi,

I re-started the phone several times and nothing happened. 

The OS is up-to-date and the version is Android 9, One UI 1.0.

I didn't restore the device.

I clicked on the link and the thing is, there is no option of Wi-Fi calling or VoLTE in my phone. Tried to find everywhere but don't see it. Moreover, the network is WCDMA.

Is it possible that the phone is not original even though it was purchased directly from Fido? This is a really bad service by Fido that even after purchasing the brand new phone and paying a lot of money, not getting proper service and have to waste a lot of time for such nonsense things which any service company should provide without asking for it.

Hey @Paul13

That definitely doesn't sound right. Was this device purchased in store or did we send it to you? If it was purchased in store, was this at a store that sells only Fido products or products from multiple providers?

Also, would you be able to try performing a full factory reset of the device to see if that changes anything?

Let us know!

Paul13

The device was purchased directly from Fido by calling Fido customer care and Fido sent me the new SIM and the new phone. So you send it to me directly.

It is really frustrating that I have to go through all these troubles even though I purchased it directly from Fido. Wasting a lot of time on this.

I did the full factory reset but it didn't change anything. Still, no VoLTE option and the network is still WCDMA.

Paul13

Another thing I would like to add is, Fido's customer service is the worst ever. 

I called your customer care and talked with the wireless technical team and they also couldn't fix it. Then I got a text to call back with a ticket number. I called back and the customer service person was very rude and was not even listening to me. Instead of solving the problem, she created more problem and just hung up the phone. Such a rude and pathetic service and regretting that why did I purchase the phone and why the hell I am paying to such company and wasting my precious time and money.

Hey @Paul13

I am sorry to read about your recent experience on the phone, rest assured this is definitely not the service we aim to provide to our customers. I'll send you a private message shortly so we can take a closer look at your account to see what's going on.