Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Answer from Credit Operation Department/ Fraud Department

GHJ2
I'm a participant level 2

To Whom May Concern, 

I am a loyal customer who has been with Fido for almost 10 years, never been late for payment. However, I am really disappointment with your credit operation team on dealing with my current challenges.

Recently, I tried to apply my mortgage through the bank. However, i was informed by the bank there is an additional Fido account on my credit file and went to collection, which negatively affects my credit score. This account is not mine and it is the first time I have heard about this account and no communication from Fido before it went to collection. 

I reached out to your credit team 5 times (since Oct 23rd) and hope your team could help me to fix the issue in a timely miners since my mortgage will have to be renewed by end of November.  My first call was on oct 23, 2020. The representative-- Sean helped me to look into this fraudulent fido account. He provided the reference number ---IXXXXXXXXX. He told me to wait for 72 hours, and the credit operation department will contact me. After 72 hours, I called in to follow up. The representative named Sudeeba told me there was no investigation request to correct my account, nothing has been done regarding this issue. She recorded my request and create an another investigation -- reference number is IXXXXXXXXX. She told me the fraud department will look into my request and advise me to wait 3- 5 business days. I trusted the customer service rep again and wait patiently for another 72 hours.

Oct 30th, I called in again for follow-up. Again, nothing has been processed yet! The rep kept creating investigation request for me and asking me to wait for 3-5 business days. Then I got my 3rd reference number IXXXXXXXXX. On Nov 5th, I called your team, to follow up this issue again. I got another reference number CXXXXXXXX. 

I understand it takes time to look into the account and I respect your procedures. However, I do not understand why each time I called in has to restart my request? Do you really care about your customer's concerns and challenges they have? Do you know I have been stressed out since I am unable to apply my mortgage? I clearly communicated to your team about my situation and no one seems really care. I am really disappointed about your action. No answers, no communications back, and no explanations. I really hope no one else will go through what I have experienced. This is an unpleasant and frustrated experience I ever had with Fido. 

Hope someone from Fido can read this and can reach out me to solve this issue. 

Kindly

Your loyal customer  

5 REPLIES 5

GHJ2

Followed up with my inquiry to FIX MY CREDIT! I finally received phone call from the credit operation team on January 18, 202, the officer, Ryan was kind enough to go over my situation, and asked me some valid questions to identify where went wrong and lead to this crazy result. He asked me where did I live during the time when the fruad account was opened? And all the address I have been stayed etc. The address was not right when the frude account was opened. I already moved out and located in a different address. Ryan said he will look into my case and keep me posted. But I haven't heard anything back. 

Hey @GHJ2

We invite you get back to us and we'll look into things with you. Smiley 

GHJ2

Hello Allan, thank you for your reply. I believe the private message I had a while ago lead to the phone conversation with Officer Ryan, but after that, Nothing is updated. I have been contact Equifax in the meanwhile, they keep advising me discuss with FIDO. Yet with FIDO, I don't receive any feedback since last phone conversation. But my credit score take the hit, I was questioned by my bank when I want to apply for mortgage! why should I be punished for something I did not do! I really hope my issue can be resolved as soon as possible! 

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi GHJ2!

Situation resolved?

Have a nice one Smiley

FidoLony

Hey @GHJ2,

I'm sorry to learn about your latest experiences with us. We can certainly understand your sentiment in this regard.

We'd love nothing more but to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. Please reach out to us on these channels so we can review the situation.

Talk to you soon!