Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first bill with new device is much higher than it supposed to be

ecemc
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I got a new Google Pixel 4 with a deal that was supposed be 19.99CAD plus my plan. My plan is 45 CAD/month. When I confirmed, the total monthly fee was shown as 70 CAD/month including the taxes.

Now I received my first bill which is 123.62 CAD.

The balance from the previous bill is only 2.60 CAD. I don't understand the breakdown. How does this 121.02 adds up? Am I going to pay this much every month or does this include some hidden one-time charges?

ecemc_0-1589564141612.png

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ecemc,

Welcome to the community!

Without knowing additional details of any promotion(s) you may have received, it's not really possible to run the numbers properly. For example, you state your payment plan for the device is $19.99 per month. Was that for a new device or certified pre-owned? Currently the website shows a payment plan for a new Pixel 4 with much higher costs. In addition to those higher costs, there is an upfront cost. Was there an upfront cost with your payment plan?

In addition, if you are you new to Fido, the first bill usually has one-time additional costs because your billing cycle starts shortly after you signed up. Your first bill would include the cost of your monthly plan prorated for those first days before your billing cycle starts.

If you upgraded your device between billing cycles, your bill would be prorated for any changes made.

Your best option would be to contact customer service and have them go over the charges with you. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers