cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device charges- incorrect bill??

sprinkles
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Anyone else in the same boat? So I got this iPhone 11 at the mobile shop (superstore) during Black Friday (45$/mo plan for 50G, iPhone 11 free on a 2 year contract), and on my first bill, it shows an additional $32.62 as "monthly device payment". I was told by the kiosk rep that I should only see the monthly plan charge + a $50 one time activation fee. Can anyone explain what this device payment is? 

i called fido today and the customer service rep, Patience, was anything but helpful. 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sprinkles,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your experience. However, are you sure the device was for free? Is it possible that the device was $0 down with a monthly charge? As far as I can tell Fido only reduced the cost for that device during Black Friday (see here). I have not been able to find any source suggesting they offered it completely for free. Note that Fido no longer subsidises devices so the plan cost would not include any cost towards devices.

As already mentioned, Fido no longer offers subsidised plans. They have replaced that method of device ownership with their Payment Program. While the old subsidised plans incorporated device cost, the new program separates plan costs and device costs. So the $45 per month plan you noted would only be for services. The $32.62 would be the monthly cost to finance the device.

In some instances, Fido has offered credits to off-set the cost of devices. However, those credits would apply to the bill and not actually reduce the cost of the device. Is it possible there are credits available on your bill to off-set the cost? That said, I do think it would be rather unlikely that they would completely off-set the device cost given their advertised promotion.

I understand that might be the information you were given. However, the people who work at PC Mobile Shops don't work for Fido. If there was a mistake or misunderstanding made, you would need to take the matter up with them. It is possible they mixed up their information with another provider which still subsidises devices.

If you still would like to discuss the matter with Fido, you should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not have access to customers' accounts. You would need to contact customer service to discuss the matter. . In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers