cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fido Dollars that I have been saving for months is gone!!!

trrere
I'm a participant level 2

I lost my FIDO Dollars. I was promised that my Fido dollars will never expire and that I could use it any time I want. But now FIDO has taken it back. As they had promised I thought I could use it anytime, but now they have come up with a different stand. This is unacceptable. I want it back or want to use it against any of my payments.

Or should I have to seek other remedies, such as going to the CRTC and complaining?  Fido should have sent some reminders to those customers who had the FIDO dollars.  I understand that, there is the remedy to go to the CRTC.  Or do I need to join a class-action suit with any group? Please suggestions welcome!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Trrere,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you were not aware that the FidoRewards program ended.

@@trrer wrote:...I was promised that my Fido dollars will never expire and that I could use it any time I want...

There's a difference between FidoDollars never expiring and the program ending. Unlike some other reward programs such as Best Buy rewards, FidoDollars did not have an expiry date. So technically it's true that as long as the program was operational, FidoDollars would never expire. Your FidoDollars did not expire per se, the whole program simply does not exist anymore. It's a distinction of which you might not agree, but trying to Fido accountable for a never statement isn't likely to be successful.

Fido made every reasonable effort to inform their affected customers. You should have received a notice similar to the one shown here. However, it was not their responsibility to remind customers to use their FidoDollars.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @trrere 

Welcome to the Community!

As @dogabone mentioned, FidoDOLLARS have been expired for a while. Did you get a chance to check out the invoices in question?

If anything, don't hesitate to contact us or we can send you a PM on here if you prefer Smiley

trrere

HiSure, please PM and let us try to find a solution on this. Thanks for the response. 

Sending you a PM right now @trrere!

dogabone
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hi. I used to collect Fido dollars too. Fido ended that program a while back and depending on your situation, you would have had until last July or earlier to use them. I know that in my case I had until last July to use them. Fido advised me on my Jan or Feb invoice. Plenty of time to use what I had left for my new phone. I guess you have the same message on your invoice too? Check it out. đź‘Ť

Just found this reply to a similar post. Could be helpful. 🙂

"We communicated our intentions to end the FidoDOLLARS program via bill messages as far back as January / February 2016. The information was also available on our website until recently.

You can also find more information in the community here."