I have 1000 long distance minutes. And, I was enjoying it so far.
However, I have strted noticing voice disturbtion issue during long distance call to India. And this is proven that there is some issue with Fido long distance calls. Because, when I am calling the same number throough oher long distance calling cards, voice in long disatance calls is working perfectly fine.
Most of the times, disturbtion is too high that we cannot talk at all.
Hope someone will look into this problem.
Welcome to the Community!
That is an interesting case, let's take a closer look at this
1. What model of phone are you using?
2. Are you using a 3rd party app to place the long distance call?
3. Is only one number affected by the distortion, or any Indian number will be affected?
4. Have you tried to turn off your phone, remove the SIM card, put it back and turn it back on, then see if you are experiencing the same distortion?
Let us know!
1. What model of phone are you using? Samsung A5 2017 (Bought outright from Fido Store)
2. Are you using a 3rd party app to place the long distance call? No. I am using Fido Long Distance minutes from Fido.
3. Is only one number affected by the distortion, or any Indian number will be affected? Most of the numbers, I am using to call.
4. Have you tried to turn off your phone, remove the SIM card, put it back and turn it back on, then see if you are experiencing the same distortion? I tried turning off the phone frequently. However, I have not tried removing SIM cards. I will try it out and provide feedback.
Hey @kaushikchotalia! Please keep us posted.
I just wanted to add a few things to add clarity to the questions you were asked previously:
1. Does this distortion happen at any time you call phone numbers in Canada or other countries?
2. What kind of phone are you using and is the OS on the phone up-to-date?
Hey there @kaushikchotalia
We also wanted to confirm that you're not experiencing any distortions when placing calls within Canada. We'll be sending you a PM so we can look into this further and narrow it down together.
Talk to you soon
I am not experiencing any distoration when placing calls within Canada. However, Long distance calls are as important for me as placing local calls.
Hope it will be resolved it soon.
Welcome to the community!
Are you still having issues with call distortion? Have you tried to enable (or disable) noise suppression in your call settings? Do you have HD calling enabled? If you do, you might consider trying with it disabled. The networks in India might not be set-up for HD calling. The calling cards probably don't have HD calling either so it could be why using them sounds clearer. Just some thoughts...
Hope this helps