cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experience with Fido

AlexisDB
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Terrible experience. Added three lines for my staff in September 2022, cancelled 1 line in November 2022 (kept 2), then withdrew the last two middle of January 2023. I asked for blocked international long-distance when activating in September and was assured that would be no problem. I found out in January that was not the case and had to pay additional charges. I asked to have the accounts merged into one repeatedly, and they assured me it was resolved. However, the payments went to the wrong accounts (although I followed customer service instructions in detail) and remained fragmented as I attempted to pay outstanding balances in full. The icing on the cake was receiving communication from a collection agency by January. Many of their recommendations evolved into further headaches. The customer service staff needs proper technical training; they externalize responsibility back to the customer, poor emotional intelligence skills. Please don't use Fido as a cell service provider. If you can, look for a US-based company where you pay significantly less and can still get proper Data and free long-distance for all of North America.

What I was sold was not what I received. I asked the right questions, and the answers were incorrect. This is misleading and removes the ability of the customer to decide if the product meets their needs. I followed recommendations and instructions from customer service to correct the issues and pay all outstanding balances each time. Payments were made immediately, each time for the total amount provided, to the corresponding account numbers instructed. Regardless, I still heard from a collection company with no warning from Fido. Fido's inability to manage its systems is responsible for the mess. 

4 REPLIES 4

Beancounter4751
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I have a similar experience. The promotion with my previous carrier was expiring. We walked by a Kiosk and the Sales Rep was professional and courteous. We were impressed and both my wife and I signed up for a $29 (plus taxes) plan. The Sale Rep explained the terms such as no activiation fee, no charge for several other services (which we don't need anyway) ... when the first invoice came (several weeks ago), the invoice total was $105.20 (including taxes). I called up the Sales  Rep and he apologized profusely, saying he would correct the billing errors with the Billing Dept. He called me back and said that the Billing Dept did not want to deal with him and suggested that I called directly. I did and the Billing Dept had no interest to correct the mistakes, told me to wait for one or two billing cycles and the errors would be corrected. The Employee ID was Ix xxx xxx 990. I told him that both my wife and I would pay for the proper charges $29+taxes and if the office does not correct the invoice in the next billing cycle, we will change carrier, noting that Fido would not care about these two "small" accounts but I would just like to express customer "dissatisfaction". Sigh ... what a mess.

Forgot to ask ... Does the staff of Fido in this "community" site would follow up and fix the billing errors? Will be interesting to find out see if customer's comments get followed up by Fido or just "lip service" of customer service.

Hello Beancounter4751,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts or the ability to make changes on their accounts. While there may be some moderators willing to assist with account issues via PM, they will more often refer you to re-contact customer service for assistance with your issue. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoStephane

We're sorry to hear of the negative experience @AlexisDB 

That certainly isn't the experience we strive to offer our customers. 

Was everything resolved in the end, or do you still require assistance?