Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More billing issue

Nikhilg333
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I recently purchased a phone. They offered me the phone for 20$/month. However, my first bill has come up with original full price of 65$/month. Can someone please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Nikhilg333,

Welcome to the community!

Was that offer after bill credit? If it was, it's a common misconception that the monthly cost of the phone was reduced. However, that was technically not the case. The device cost shown on the website was calcuated after bill credit. The monthly cost of the phone remained the same but customers were getting a credit on their bill to offset the cost of the phone.

I haven't been able to access that particular promotion on the website, however, I'll use the values you provided. Since the monthly installment for the phone would still be the $65 per month, is the discount of $45 which would calculate to the stated $20 per month? I haven't done the calculations in this particular case due to lack of information, but I have provided similar calculations in other posts (see here, here, and here). 

Is it possible your offer was $20 after bill credit?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Nikhilg333

Yes it said that it was 20$/month after bill credit. However, when I had contacted the customer care over the phone they had given me the final price would be around only 20$/month. Now since you said I will be given a credit later, Can you please explain how will it work? Right now, I have suspended my service temporarily since I am out of country. So as per the customer care, I was supposed to pay 7$/month just to keep the number plus I was supposed to pay the 20$/month for device. So I was under the impression that my bill will be around 27$/month + taxes. Please explain.

Hey @Nikhilg333

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at things together.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. The bill credit is applied to your account. However, I'm not sure the credit will continue when the account is temporarily suspended. It may only apply when the account is active.

Without knowing further details, assume your plan for services cost $50 and you lived in an area with 10% taxes for easy math:

Monthly plan $50

Monthly discount $45

Subtotal: $5

Subtotal including taxes: $5.50

Monthly phone financing payment: $71.50 (including taxes)

Your regular monthly costs would be: $5.50 + $71.50 = $77

Note that would be the same total cost if the monthly financing payment was $20 as advertised after bill credit. That is, $50 + $20 = $70. With taxes, it would be $77. As mentioned above, that advertised after bill credit cost is calculated and not the actual monthly financing cost.

However, since your services are temporarily suspended, it's likely that monthly discount does not apply. Perhaps @FidoSolutions could clarify whether that is the case or not.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers