cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Bill (A betrayal)

Deb7
I'm a participant level 2

Recently, Fido betrayed my trust when they offered to waive the balance off my phone if I upgraded. This was given to me online at end of March and the beginning of April. I went to best buy and was offered the same as the employee checked on his computer and informed me that the balance on my phone would be waived by Fido. This month I received my bill, and to my shock, I discovered that it had been charged to me. I immediately contacted Fido and the person I talked to informed me that I was never given such an offer, or so he claimed. He told me that there was no such offer given to me and that the only one he saw was an offer for $55/25 GB for a fido plan. I was shocked yet again as in the past I have been offered $65/20 GB. So I knew I had been lied to as the offer of waiving my balance was also given online. The only reason I took the phone was because I was given the offer of waiving the previous balance. I can never again trust fido as I feel a bit scammed. 

5 REPLIES 5

FidoValerie

Hey @Deb7

I'm truly sorry to hear about this situation, as we always aim to be honest and transparent with all our customers, especially when it comes to offer details.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, could you please confirm if you've upgraded the phone at Best Buy or directly on Fido.ca?

Deb7

I upgraded in April at best buy after checking if my account still was giving me the same offer at checkout of waiving my balance, which it was. This was confirmed through the best buy employee as well.

@Deb7

Third party stores can have their own promotions that normally only they can apply on their end.

You had a chance to visit that store to get this resolved?

Deb7

Well, that would be that case had it not been the fact that the offer was through fido they applied that offer that was given to me, also I can't really go to the physical store because of the Ontario lockdown.

We hear you! Just to clarify with you, were you provided any documentation in the store about the offer you were given? 

You are welcome to contact us through these channels, or if you want, we can also send you a PM on the Community. Let us know. Smiley