Misleading plan feature advertisement on My Account page

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Misleading plan feature advertisement on My Account page

Hi,

I'm on the FIDO Prepaid 40 cent/minute plan. When I logged on to My Account page today to check my account balance, I noticed that under "My Plan" and "Features" it shows that my plan includes "unlimited outgoing text" (see screenshot below). I thought to myself that it was nice that FIDO has added this new feature to my plan, so I tried sending a few text to my friends thinking that they would be free. However it turns out the information on the "My Account" page is not true at all!! I was still charged 30 cent per SMS for the several SMS that I sent out after seeing the wrong info.

My wife is on the same prepaid plan as I and she is also seeing the same feature advitisement on her "My Account" page. She was actually going to start using this "free" outgoing text feature until I told her that it's not true and she should not use it. FIDO should remove this kind of false information/advertisment on the "My Account" page which misleads their customer into using and getting charged for the features that they actually don't have with their plan and!

Screenshot_2015-12-01-11-29-04.png

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Misleading plan feature advertisement on My Account page

Hey sawu6049, and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for flagging this to us. We certainly don't mean to tell you something that isn't right. I'd like to look into this for you, so I'll send you a PM in just a bit!

Talk soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the info Samuel!

I passed this along to our support teams. Hopefully it'll be back up and running shortly Smiley

Stephen

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

Is this fixed now cause I see the same in my account !!!!!!!

Also "GET NEW ADD-ONS" doesn't work.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there!

We are working on resolving some details ASAP. 

You have the same plan that you've always had. If the website says otherwise I'll have to double check your account with you. 

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5