Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading plan feature advertisement on My Account page

sawu6049
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I'm on the FIDO Prepaid 40 cent/minute plan. When I logged on to My Account page today to check my account balance, I noticed that under "My Plan" and "Features" it shows that my plan includes "unlimited outgoing text" (see screenshot below). I thought to myself that it was nice that FIDO has added this new feature to my plan, so I tried sending a few text to my friends thinking that they would be free. However it turns out the information on the "My Account" page is not true at all!! I was still charged 30 cent per SMS for the several SMS that I sent out after seeing the wrong info.

My wife is on the same prepaid plan as I and she is also seeing the same feature advitisement on her "My Account" page. She was actually going to start using this "free" outgoing text feature until I told her that it's not true and she should not use it. FIDO should remove this kind of false information/advertisment on the "My Account" page which misleads their customer into using and getting charged for the features that they actually don't have with their plan and!

Screenshot_2015-12-01-11-29-04.png

6 REPLIES 6

jpk1

I am also having a similar probem.

My account says that I am supposed to be getting texts for 30 cents (see screenshot.)

But in actuality I am being charged 60 cents.

Can you fix this too, please?fido.JPG

Hello Jpk1,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I think the plan details might have been updated but not yet reflected in that features listing. As far as I am aware, Fido no longer offers a By the Minute plan. If your plan is of that type, it would be a grandfathered pre-paid plan. For a while, those plans were 40¢ per minute and 30¢ per outgoing text message. However, it appears as though the pricing has changed. The title in your image notes 60¢ Anytime Plan while it lists 40¢ per Anytime Minute in the features, which would indicate a price change. It's likely the cost of outgoing text messages also increased. The cost for additional text messages with the new pre-paid plans is 60¢ per message, which is in line with what you appear to be charged.

It should be noted that grandfathered plans may also be subject to price changes. Keeping a grandfathered plan just means retaining a plan which is no longer currently offered. It does not mean that the cost of those plans (or services) would remain the same indefinitely.

If you would to verify your plan details, you would need to contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. Since you have a pre-paid account, they also have a dedicated contact number  for those accounts.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the info Samuel!

I passed this along to our support teams. Hopefully it'll be back up and running shortly Smiley

Stephen

qwertyuioplkjhg

Is this fixed now cause I see the same in my account !!!!!!!

Also "GET NEW ADD-ONS" doesn't work.

Hey there!

We are working on resolving some details ASAP. 

You have the same plan that you've always had. If the website says otherwise I'll have to double check your account with you. 

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. 

FidoStephen

Hey sawu6049, and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for flagging this to us. We certainly don't mean to tell you something that isn't right. I'd like to look into this for you, so I'll send you a PM in just a bit!

Talk soon.