cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging 2 accounts into one?

twarpdev1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I added a second line to Fido from Costco. So I have two Fido phones. However, today I realized I have two separate accounts. I didn't even know I could have multiple accounts. 

One of the major reasons why I added the line to the Fido is to get the 2nd line discount. I have contacted the support via the Live Chat online. However, they told me to go back to Costco, because Live chat will charge $50 if they do. Do I really have to go back Costco and resolve the issue? Last time I have waited an hour to speak to the agent in Costco.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Twarpdev1,

Welcome to the community!

Had you told the Costco representative that you wanted to set-up a second line for that discount? If you are the account holder for both lines, you can certainly merge both lines to the same account. However, I don't think doing so would qualify for that discount. In order to avail of the second line discount, I believe a new line would have been required. Your Costo line is now an existing line.

As far as I am aware, if you wanted to get that discount, you would need to cancel the line from Costco (if eligible to do so) and set-up a new second line on your current account. You should note that you would not be able to keep the current phone number on that line. If customer service were to do the same, the line would not be eligible for the set-up fees to be waived. I'm not sure if Costco currently has a promotion to waive set-up fees or not. Alternatively, if you wanted to waive the set-up fees, you would need to set-up the second line on Fido.ca. Any assistance from customer service (even from third-party retailers), would likely incur the set-up fees (unless explicitly stated otherwise).

**edit** If you would like to simply merge both lines to one account, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers